Dewalt Circular Saw

Review by Mark Miller posted 05-17-2010 12:22 AM 2559 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Dewalt Circular Saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this Dewalt at Canadian Tire I paid about $150.00 and it is fantastic! Lots of power.

-- www.markscreativeturnings.ca

View Mark Miller's profile

Mark Miller

View Terry Burks's profile

Terry Burks

#1 posted 05-17-2010 03:50 AM

I hope you have better luck than I did. I had mine about 5 years with VERY light use and the armature came apart on it. I replaced it about a year ago with a Milwaukee and so far I’m quite happy with it. I have a ton of DeWalt tools and in general am very happy with them. However, I do also have a DeWalt router that the armature disentegrated after only 18 months. Thankfully it was still under warranty and DeWalt repaired it. This might be a weak point for DeWalt. Good Luck!

-- Terry - Willis, Texas

#2 posted 05-17-2010 04:21 AM

I have lots of dewalt tools but have never owned this saw, Thanks for the review.

View knottysticks's profile

knottysticks

#3 posted 05-17-2010 06:13 AM

I just used this saw again today , it purrrred again , no problems even if it is about 4 years okd , I like it.

-- Everyday above ground is a good day.

View dbol's profile

dbol

#4 posted 05-19-2010 12:15 AM

I think makita makes one of the best circular saws. Not that Dewalt is not a good saw. I see a lot framer/carpenters and the majority of them use makita’s

View DamnYankee's profile

DamnYankee

#5 posted 07-15-2011 02:22 AM

Bought mine for $45 at a yard sale. Like it very much. A guy I know that does warranty work recently told me to avoid Makita as he has seen more and more show up needing warranty work over the last few years. He attributed this to Mikata increasingly being sold by the big box stores.

-- Shameless - Winner of two Stumpy Nubs Awards