Quick Release Clamp

Review by Grumpy posted 02-27-2008 03:47 AM 1642 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Quick Release Clamp No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have had two of these clamps for about 1 year. I bought them because I am a bit of a sucker for new tools. They sat in a drawer unused for a few months until I had a job that needed some tight clamping, the other quick grip clamps similar the Irwin XP did not have the gripping power.
I now often reach for these clamps first because they have excellent holding power for their size (18”);
-they are easy to apply
-quick to release
-the tensioning lever is ratcheted
-you can adjust the tension easily from light to heavy grip.
-they are a reasonable price down under & I guess elsewhere if available.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19714 posts in 2604 days

View HallTree's profile

HallTree

#1 posted 02-27-2008 06:31 AM

I have tons, well maybe not tons, but a lot of the older type of clamps. My wife kids me about all of the clamps that I have. I would like to have some of those new clamps that are out on the market these days, but I can just hear what my wife would say if I came home with another clamp. Maybe I could sneak some into the shop we have here at the senior community without her knowing.

-- "Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life" Solomon

View cajunpen's profile

cajunpen

#2 posted 02-27-2008 11:41 AM

Well you know what they say – you can never have enough clamps. I’m a big big fan of the “one hand” clamps.

-- Bill - "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased." http://www.cajunpen.com/

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

#3 posted 02-27-2008 01:23 PM

same here you can never have too much clamps. a lot of my clamps are like, you would never think they are useful until you start using them.

View TomFran's profile

TomFran

#4 posted 02-28-2008 03:33 AM

These look like good quality clamps, Grumpy. I’ve never seen any just like them. I’ll be looking for these based upon your recommendation. Thanks!

-- Tom, Surfside Beach, SC - Romans 8:28

View grovemadman's profile

grovemadman

#5 posted 02-29-2008 02:36 AM

I saw ‘em at a woodworking trade show but I can’t remeber the name of them for the life of me. The demonstrator did do some amazing things with them, I’ll say that much!

-- --Chuck

View grovemadman's profile

grovemadman

#6 posted 02-29-2008 02:56 AM

A company called Shanghai Shining makes a clamp exactly like this one only difference is color. name doesn’t ring a bell.

-- --Chuck

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19714 posts in 2604 days

#7 posted 02-29-2008 03:41 AM

No name on it Chuck but I guessed it was probably Chinese. I think it just goes to prove, you can’t have too many clamps.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python