Deal on Ridgid BS1400 14" Band Saw

Review by Juansnapon posted 1533 days ago 5438 views 1 time favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Deal on Ridgid BS1400 14" Band Saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I just picked up the Ridgid 14” Band Saw for $184, Home Depot has them on special in there lower volume stores. 20 minutes away another HD had the same drill press for $369 at a higher volume store so make sure you keep your eyes open for good deals at the HD. Once they sell out of the smaller store they will not get them back anymore so don’t miss out. Remeber HD will take competitor coupons like Harbor Fright tools 20% coupons too. Other than a little vibration in the table that can be fixed with a better V belt (the belt that comes with the saw is stiff and usualy twisted) and a little care this unit is great and with the life time garentee how can you go wrong.

View BuilderMan's profile

BuilderMan

Good deal on the saw. I didn’t know HD would take HF coupons. Thanks!

View douglbe's profile

douglbe

Great deal! I put a link belt on my Ridgid and that took care of 95% of the vibration.

-- Doug, Reed City, Michigan

Juansnapon

Ya HD will take competitor coupons, but some managers are more dumb about it than others, i have had two managers in the same store 5 miniutes appart and got two answers. But when I pointed out to the new manager that there is a button on his register screan for competitor coupons and asked him for his name so I could call corpate he gave it to me. I used to work for HD and know a lot of tricks about how to get the best deals. If I hadn’t worked there and know the stores I would not want to deal with giving my money to HD. You know I am perty sure that Lowes takes competitor coupons too, just most people assume the only competitor of HD and Lowes is each other. But I have never tried it at Lowes yet if some one knows let me know.

I will have to put a link belt on my Ridgid the belt they supply just sucks so much and its so stiff.

View Abbott's profile

Abbott

I used a Harbor Freight 20% off coupon at Lowe’s. The cashier sent me to see a manager who reluctantly accepted it. I’ve talked to a couple of other guys online who said that their nearby Lowe’s will accept them.

View Abbott's profile

Abbott

If I see one of those saws for $184.00 I’m going to be all over it!

View AKWoody's profile

AKWoody

Checked all my Home Depots, no luck

View ZeroThreeQuarter's profile

ZeroThreeQuarter

WOW. it’s $417 when i check online! almost makes me wanna buy one from you and just pay the shipping and i’d STILL be ahead of the game!

Good to know about the coupon price matching, will make shopping a whole lot more enjoyable and bearable! thanks for the info and review on this one!

which makes me wonder, when you check online for the price, does it give you the $184 price also??

-- Your mind, much like a parachute, works best when open.

View Eric's profile

Eric

which HD was it at? i am also from fresno

-- Eric

Juansnapon

Eric the last time I checked there was one left in Madera at the 184 price and two still in Delano, none at the 184 price in Fresno its self because the stores are to busy and are higher selling stores. Good luck.

Juansnapon

ZeroTHreeQuarter no the price will not say 184 online beacuse the clearance price is only in the low valume stores not every store just the small ones that do not have much business they are getting rid of them at a low cost.

View ABrown's profile

ABrown

So just changing the belt takes the vibration out? I need to do that.

111999 posts in 2163 days

wow what a bargain

View RoBanJo's profile

RoBanJo

So Folks, I have money to spend and am looking for a band-saw – I am considering the HD Rigid or the Lowe’s Porter Cable. The local specialty wood shop has the Jet 14” for $599 and the Fox 14” for $549. Is it worth a few hundred extra smackers to go with them? What say you?

-- RoBanJo