Don't Eat this cookie,

Review by RouterManiac posted 05-01-2010 11:22 PM 2054 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Don't Eat this cookie, Don't Eat this cookie, No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I just got a set of these, and I was pretty surprised. I was a little hesitant to shell out $11 bucks for a glorified piece of wood but they work pretty good. They really remind me of a router mat that I bought a few years ago, they have the same type of non slip surface. You could probably make some from those drawer liners or non slip rug liners. But for me as busy as I am I would rather just buy them and keep going then stop and make them. Pretty cool though, I have to admit I will probably buy more, its nice to have something grip the wood while you edge guide with your router.

I did notice that Rockler has the same product only in blue.

-- Ken, Florida, www.theroutermaniac.com

View RouterManiac's profile

RouterManiac

96 posts in 2026 days

#1 posted 05-02-2010 12:30 AM

“glorified piece of wood ” ? They look like plastic in the picture.
Rockler has had theirs on the market for over a year now. I won a set at a LJ get-together …so far , so good…no slippage ! They seem to be a little “stickier” than the regular router mat material that I have.

View yarydoc's profile

yarydoc

#2 posted 05-02-2010 12:42 AM

Rockler sells Bench Dog Tools also. I have a set of the orange ones from lowes. I think they are the same with another name on it.

-- Ray , Florence Alabama

5387 posts in 1977 days

#3 posted 05-02-2010 06:04 AM

I believe Rockler owns Bench Dog tools… And I have a set of the Rockler Bench Cookies. Sure any router mat etc… will slip with a buildup of dust. The rubber mat gizmo, and the plastic won’t be hurt if you rinse the dust off and dry them off… Maintain your cookies…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View Juansnapon's profile

Juansnapon

#4 posted 05-02-2010 07:17 AM

Thanks for the review I have been thinking about purchasing them and know mabye I will just have to decide to get them from Lowes or Rockler? Decisions, Decisions

-- Juan, Fresno CA.

View Chase's profile

Chase

#5 posted 05-02-2010 03:45 PM

I have a set from both rockler and lowes. They are both pretty equivalent. I dont know for sure if they are from the exact same company, but it wouldnt surprise me.

-- Every neighborhood has an eccentric neighbor. I wondered for years "who was ours?" Then I realized it was me.

View OttoH's profile

OttoH

#6 posted 05-02-2010 07:57 PM

I used the Rockler version while working on the Wedding Chest I recently posted and can safely say that it would have been a lot harder to build without the cookies. Gottas love those little disks!

-- I am responsible for how I respond to everything in my life - - Deadwood SD