Super customer service

Review by lilredweldingrod posted 1584 days ago 2628 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Super customer service Super customer service Super customer service Click the pictures to enlarge them

I just have to rant (in a very good way) about Ridgid’s customer service. I have a 1998 Ridgid table saw, Mod. TS2412. Before I became the Proud? owner, it was involved in an accident and fell out of a moving truck. In the accident, the spacer, the piece with the two 5/8 pins that the motor mounts on was destroyed. Some one that thought they were a welder tried to make a new one. As a result, when you try to cut an angle, the motor has to rise above the CI bed. It contacts the out feed table at 24 degrees. Not good. Since I have not had a reason to try an angle cut before, this has gone unnoticed until last night.
This morning I called Ridgid to check the price and availability. Not only did they have it in stock, they are sending it free! I told them about the accident, but that did not seem to matter. I had the plastic out and ready and did not need to use it. I am becoming a die hard fan of this company.
I just have to give Ridgid customer service 10 stars. Got that Martin? I need more stars!

lilredweldingrod

View patron's profile (online now)

patron

13021 posts in 1978 days

thats great chip .
do they have an up-grade riving knife too ?
if not there are some after market ones i have read about here ,
might be worth checking out .

View Juansnapon's profile

Juansnapon

Thats a really cool table extention on that table saw. I love the fact that it can fold up for storage and space savings. I will have to build one similar since my shop is a one car garage that is like 15×20 or so just small with washer and dryer alrady in it oh and the treadmill and oliptical machine too. Space saving is a great asset.

-- Juan, Fresno CA.

View Lee A. Jesberger's profile

Lee A. Jesberger

Hi Rand;

Maybe they realize the good customer service is just good business.

Too bad more companies don’t have a better customer service policy. Most spend far more money on getting new customers, than they do keeping the ones they have.

Lee

lilredweldingrod

I need to correct a mistake above and do not know how to edit this review. BUT my saw is not a 2410LS. the site only gave me a few options and I could not get the actual Model Number in the heading. I hope the real Mod. No. and the photos clear this up.

David, No they do not make a riving knife for this model. And thank you for you bigr help on my little project.

Juan, Thank you. When you get here to pick up the fence, I’ll give you a set of plans if you like.

Lee, I agree with you. If they would try to keep their current customers happy, the word of mouth advertising would take over and they would not have to “HUNT” new customers.

View Jim Bertelson's profile

Jim Bertelson

All
Perhaps that is where sites like this are going to change quality in consumer products. I started to reply, and then realized I was into a rambling blog type thing….so you can read it here blog

Reviews like this are critical to improving the quality of tools in our hobby. Thanks for the story.

Alaska Jim

-- Jim, Anchorage Alaska

View Milo's profile

Milo

851 posts in 1956 days

I had a very good experience with Ridgid also. While I did not have the tablesaw model that was being recalled due to an arbor problem, my tablesaw still HAD a defective arbor. The threading was poorly down and when you put a dado on the saw, it “throws” the innermost blade higher into your wood that the other blades.

When I contacted Ridgid about my problem I go ZERO heeing and hawing. NONE. The fixed it no questions asked.

That’s why I buy Ridgid when I need something. What, I’m going to buy Laguna? ;-)

-- Beer, Beer, Thank God for Beer. It's my way of keeping my mind fresh and clear...

View degoose's profile

degoose

7000 posts in 1991 days

I agree… good service is just good business.

-- Drink twice... and don't bother to cut... @ lazylarrywoodworks.com.au For lovers of all things timber...

Milo,
You need to send Larry’s 5 min. management course to Laguna. lol I’m thinking of painting my house Ridgid Orange and a big Ridgid logo on the garage door. lol You think that would impress ‘em?

View BreakingBoardom's profile

BreakingBoardom

Maybe I should call them about a blade guard. I bought my TS3650 used and it didn’t come with one. Either way, if they send me one, or if I buy one, I should probably get it. Good to know they stand behind their products though.

-- Matt - http://breakingboardom.wordpress.com/

View StephenSC's profile

StephenSC

My son and I bought a Ridgid table saw with the granite table a few months back. When we unpacked it the top was broken into three pieces. He called and they said it was cosmetic, and refused to do anything, so he took it back to Home Depot for a refund. He now refuses to buy ridgid. Glad you guys had good experiences.

-- Stephen, Riverside. If it's worth building, it's worth making it real heavy.