Deal on the Ridgid 15" Drill Press

Review by Juansnapon posted 04-29-2010 05:17 AM 6156 views 1 time favorited 21 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Deal on the Ridgid 15" Drill Press No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I just picked up the Ridgid 15” Drill press for $149, Home Depot has them on Sale in there lower volume stores. 20 minutes away another HD had the same drill press for $299 at a higher volume store so make sure you keep your eyes open for good deals at the HD. Don’t forget HD will take competitor coupons like Harbor Fright tools 20% off coupons too. Other than a little movement in the table that can be fixed with a little care this unit is great right out of the box and with the money I saved I got a vise too.

#1 posted 04-29-2010 07:33 AM

Nice price.

View Rick's profile

Rick

#2 posted 04-29-2010 09:27 AM

That is one nice Drill Press Juan! Can’t go wrong with Ridgid. A VERY Nice Price also. I’m sure Harbor “Fright” would be upset that you didn’t buy it through them.

PS: The Spelling didn’t bother me at all, and it’s of NO consequence really. It gave me a GOOD CHUCKLE which I wouldn’t of had if you had of spelled it the right way! It just Shows to Go You …No.. wait … It Just …Oh Forget it. ;-}

Thanks for Posting & the Chuckle!

Rick

-- COMMON SENSE Is Like Deodorant. The People Who need It Most, Never Use It.

View dlux's profile

dlux

#3 posted 04-29-2010 04:31 PM

Nice pick up! Need to check my local HD today when I get home!

#4 posted 04-29-2010 06:00 PM

I noticed the same thing Rick. That looks exactly like my Central Machinery drill press from Harbor Freight. I have had mine for close to 5 years without any problems at all. It’s a good machine and I use it often.

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

#5 posted 04-30-2010 12:34 AM

IMO, I wish all the store have the sale at the same time.

#6 posted 04-30-2010 01:48 AM

Have you experienced any slipping of the chuck on large Forstner bits ? What is the chuck capacity and the quill travel on this model ? Any problems changing the belts / speed ? What do you like the most and the least about this drill press compared to the other ones that you’ve owned ?

#7 posted 04-30-2010 03:19 AM

No, no slipping of the chuck when using a 1-1/2” Forstner bit, as long as I tighten all thee jaws on the chuck it seems to be fine. The chuck is a 5/8” and the quill has a 4” travel. No problem changing the belts and the only other drill press I owned was a Craftsman bench top and I hated the lazer the put in the unit. I love the way the motor hums when you turn it on and it drill’s so effortlessly.

View JasonWagner's profile

JasonWagner

#8 posted 04-30-2010 12:37 PM

Woodcraft carries a laser that fits this drill press and works very well. I have been happy with my older DP15001 (grey model) that I got on Craigs List.

-- some day I hope to have enough clamps to need a clamp cart!

View carter choate's profile

carter choate

#9 posted 04-30-2010 02:06 PM

thanks for the notice of the sale. Back in Jan. I found out from LJ about the ridgid sale on ts with granite tops. I did not know they would accept other coupons. Where can I find the 20% harbor freight coupon?

-- poor folks have poor ways-m. choate

#10 posted 04-30-2010 05:28 PM

This Link here usually has one a guy can print. A lot of the monthly tool magazines, woodworking magazines and mechanical magazines also have ads with the Harbor Freight 20% off coupon. I have been headed to the checkout counter before without a coupon and stopped at the magazine rack and found one in a few minutes of searching.

View carter choate's profile

carter choate

#11 posted 04-30-2010 07:58 PM

Abbott
thanks for the information. LJ and folks like you make woodworking more affordable and fun. thanks again

-- poor folks have poor ways-m. choate

#12 posted 05-01-2010 01:45 AM

My pleasure.

#13 posted 05-01-2010 04:41 AM

Sorry , I should have specified the Forstner bit size was 3.25 inches and despite tightening all three spots on the chuck and resharpening the bit , it still slips , no matter how slowly I feed it or what the RPMs are set at.
Thanks for the feedback : )

View kosta's profile

kosta

946 posts in 2045 days

#14 posted 05-01-2010 04:03 PM

Thats a good deal man

-- kosta Virginia Beach, VA http://www.kostasworkshop.blogspot.com/

#15 posted 05-01-2010 05:56 PM

Abbott, I tried the online coupons but the coupons you find on line (inculding the one you have a link for) says “it can not be reporduces, copied, or Printed” if the HD is as efficient as one of my was they would notice that on the coupon, and you know HD they wont want to give you a discount if they don’t have to. You’r best bet is to pick up magazines and look for one there good idea never thought of that.