thickness planer

Review by UncleSnail posted 04-27-2010 05:17 AM 5417 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
thickness planer No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hi All,

‘Picked up this 734 dewalt last week at Lowes. They had just dropped the price down to $399. I know you can get it for less at other stores on line but the shippng is outrageous so…. I have used other people’s planers….and this 734 is the best yet. It is a three knife system and gives a very smooth surface but the best feature is it’s 4 post hold down on the blades. The knife also has a a lock.. I plane short boards due to the size of my shop….which does help with snipe, but this planer produces NONE. 5 stars. Uncle Snail

-- Dale, Michigan, vandehberg@att.net....sharp objects scare me.....my wife scares me too.

View UncleSnail's profile

good buy i have had by 734 for a year now you are corect very good unit

-- self proclaimed copycat

15144 posts in 1907 days

#2 posted 04-30-2010 11:32 AM

I haved this one as well as my father who has ran 20,000 or so board feet through his in the past yrs… We both love this thing! Mine had done 35 End Grain Cutting boards so far along with other things and I smile everytime I use it. Enjoy….

View ZeroThreeQuarter's profile

ZeroThreeQuarter

#3 posted 05-04-2010 05:59 PM

thanks to this review I decided to go with the Dewalt, found a 735 on craigslist for $300! jumped all over it. Tested it first, was in near perfect condition. The guy had used it a few times only. Thanks for the review!

-- Your mind, much like a parachute, works best when open.

View tinbender1966's profile

tinbender1966

#4 posted 11-28-2010 03:32 AM

I got one too, out of the box it worked great. I do not know what I did with out one

-- Enjoy what you have, life is short

View Geedubs's profile

Geedubs

143 posts in 1948 days

#5 posted 02-12-2011 05:27 PM

I just purchased this planer as well. Got it for $327 with free shipping from MaxTool online. The planer arrived this week and I have just set it up…and can hardly wait to use it. Thanks for the review UncleSnail. I ALWAYS look at LJ reviews before buying. They are a great source of information!

-- Todos los dias aprendemos algo nuevo.