An affordable wet sharperner

Review by b2rtch posted 1451 days ago 3479 views 1 time favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
An affordable wet sharperner No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I received tonight my new wet sharpener.
I have been working with it for about one hour and it is working extremely well for me.
I sharpened chisels, and planes blades and kitchen knives.
I read on another forum that all the Tormek accessories mount right on this sharpener.

View Rick Boyett's profile

Rick Boyett

It wouldn’t surprise me if this did work with Tormek accessories. Grizzly makes another Tormek clone similar to this one and it can also use Tormek accessories.

The Grizzly is identical and little bit cheaper but you have to pay shipping.
One can buy accessories from Grizzly, knowing that they will fit.

View Jimi_C's profile

Jimi_C

Nice, looks like the only difference from a Tormek/Jet/Grizzly is it’s 8” instead of 10” (assuming it’s still 2” wide?) so the wheel may not last as long. That being said, I maybe use my Grizzly once every few weeks, so I expect my wheel to last me close to forever, the 8” would probably last me just a little shorter than forever :) It looks like the trough is big enough that you could replace it with a 10” wheel when you wore it down though.

A follow up.
I sharpened and honed every knife in the house this morning.
They are very sharp.
The stone seems to wear quite fast, which is not really a surprise since this a water stone.
So far I am very satisfied with this wet sharpener.
Bert

View gardentiger's profile

gardentiger

how do you do your truing???

I have a diamond “thing” that I mounted on the sharpening bar.

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

Thought you may like to see my video of the Upgrades I made to the Work Sharp including one that allows you to use Tormek jigs AND how to use cheap buffing compound instead of sandpaper instead of diamond wheels and compounds:

StumpyNubs, I watched last night on youtube and I left you a comment.
I really like what you did.
Thanks for sharing
I am going to do the same modification to mine and then may be I shall use it.
Happy New year in your shop by your gas furnace and with your dog, having a cool one at the end of the day.