An affordable wet sharperner

Review by b2rtch posted 04-27-2010 02:38 AM 3711 views 1 time favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
An affordable wet sharperner No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I received tonight my new wet sharpener.
I have been working with it for about one hour and it is working extremely well for me.
I sharpened chisels, and planes blades and kitchen knives.
I read on another forum that all the Tormek accessories mount right on this sharpener.

View Rick Boyett's profile

Rick Boyett

#1 posted 04-27-2010 02:58 AM

It wouldn’t surprise me if this did work with Tormek accessories. Grizzly makes another Tormek clone similar to this one and it can also use Tormek accessories.

#2 posted 04-27-2010 11:58 AM

#3 posted 04-27-2010 01:55 PM

The Grizzly is identical and little bit cheaper but you have to pay shipping.
One can buy accessories from Grizzly, knowing that they will fit.

View Jimi_C's profile

Jimi_C

#4 posted 04-28-2010 03:38 AM

Nice, looks like the only difference from a Tormek/Jet/Grizzly is it’s 8” instead of 10” (assuming it’s still 2” wide?) so the wheel may not last as long. That being said, I maybe use my Grizzly once every few weeks, so I expect my wheel to last me close to forever, the 8” would probably last me just a little shorter than forever :) It looks like the trough is big enough that you could replace it with a 10” wheel when you wore it down though.

#5 posted 04-30-2010 10:00 PM

A follow up.
I sharpened and honed every knife in the house this morning.
They are very sharp.
The stone seems to wear quite fast, which is not really a surprise since this a water stone.
So far I am very satisfied with this wet sharpener.
Bert

View gardentiger's profile

gardentiger

#6 posted 07-06-2010 09:34 PM

how do you do your truing???

#7 posted 07-06-2010 09:57 PM

I have a diamond “thing” that I mounted on the sharpening bar.

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

#8 posted 12-31-2011 04:28 PM

Thought you may like to see my video of the Upgrades I made to the Work Sharp including one that allows you to use Tormek jigs AND how to use cheap buffing compound instead of sandpaper instead of diamond wheels and compounds:

#9 posted 12-31-2011 04:31 PM

StumpyNubs, I watched last night on youtube and I left you a comment.
I really like what you did.
Thanks for sharing
I am going to do the same modification to mine and then may be I shall use it.
Happy New year in your shop by your gas furnace and with your dog, having a cool one at the end of the day.