great investment

Review by bigjerpare posted 04-23-2010 01:23 AM 1683 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
great investment No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just picked up my new Bosch 18v Litheon yesterday morning ($239 can) for an install i had to do. I wasnt confident that my Dewalt would make it through the job and didnt want to be stuck without. This is the second Bosch drill ive had and now i wont use anything else. This drill is very light for an 18v which im sure mostly has to do with the lo-pro litheon battery packs it uses. i found myself check the case befor i left to make sure the drill was actually in there because it was so light compared to my Dewally, which is a 14.4 that i bought 3 years ago.

To be fair, i use my drills all day, all week and the dewalt did last a long time befor the battery started to not take a charge. But the new Bosch is so light and comfortable that i wont go back.

It has tons of power and the litheon batteries charge in a half hour and last forever. I found myself changing the battery without noticing drop in power just to make sure i took the other one off the charger. Also, the slim compact design allowed me to get inside tight spaces with ease and the LED light, although gimmicky-looking, is an amazing add-on to any drill for anybody installing drawer slides or fastening down counter tops, or any other low-light jobs for that matter.

Ive read a few reviews where guys(or gals) did show concern for the more agressive angle of the grip where they worry that sinkin screws all day would take a toll on your hand between your thumb and index finger, versus a more upright handle where the pressure hits more of your palm. I havent noticed any discomfort yet with this drill and cant forsee any issues, the grip is very comfortable.

Anyway, hopefully this will help out with anyone lookin for a diverse, high quality, reasonably priced drill.

Ciao

P.S. Bosch tools also have the coolest color scheme too. Forget about that Green stuff…..Maki….ta…..what?

-- Jeremy D Pare, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

View bigjerpare's profile

bigjerpare

View christopheralan's profile

christopheralan

#1 posted 04-23-2010 02:44 AM

Love me a Bosch! Great review!

-- christopheralan http://www.projectwoodworks.com

View bigjerpare's profile

bigjerpare

#2 posted 04-23-2010 04:25 AM

thanks, yeah they do make quality stuff

-- Jeremy D Pare, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

View ND2ELK's profile

ND2ELK

#3 posted 04-23-2010 11:35 AM

These are great drills. I worked at Lowe’s for a few years after I retired and sold a lot of these drill. I use both both Bosch and Makita drills and the only thing I like better about Bosch over Makita is that, they have a nicer feeling grip. I have a lot of Bosch tools and they make a great product.

God Bless
tom

-- Mc Bridge Cabinets, Iowa

View RMR's profile

RMR

#4 posted 06-05-2010 05:10 AM

Nice review, I agree. I have the same drill. It’s smooth running, powerful, nicely balanced, and the batteries last a very long time between charges. It’s one of the busiest tools in my shop.

-- Bob, Kent, WA

#5 posted 06-05-2010 05:12 AM

I really like Bosch tools thanks for the review.

View MichaelA's profile

MichaelA

#6 posted 12-27-2011 07:00 AM

This Bosch drill is by far the best 18v drill made as I have used them all. The batteries out last all brands and recharge quickly. We have put up many metal building and screwed many decks and balusters when our quick drives failed. I dropped a Dewalt off a 6’ ladder and it disintegrated. I dropped the bosch 2 stories high,not just once but twice and it ran fine. Terri made me tie a lanyard on it because it kept falling out of my dewalt holster.

-- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. "Helen Keller"