Makes a great hybrid saw mobile lift, many other possibilities

Review by hypnos posted 1562 days ago 2999 views 2 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Makes a great hybrid saw mobile lift, many other possibilities Makes a great hybrid saw mobile lift, many other possibilities No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently bought a new Jet ProShop and I needed a mobile base due to my wife wanting to park in the garage. The high price and lack of really good reviews for any mobile base I could find to fit the proshop necessitated some inventiveness. This Central Hydraulics lift fit the bill, it just needed some longer lift runners. Some poplar and 1/4” machine screws brought it to the length I needed to span the base of my table saw. I will be adding bottom braces to my outfeed/assembly table that is still a work in progress, allowing me to lift it up and move it around too.
A word of caution, the manual says not to roll the thing around under load, but with the weight of my table saw vs. a motorcycle – I’m not worried; the wheels seem beefy enough. It starts out at 4 1/2” and lifts up to 16”, but add 3/4” to both of those for the poplar runners.

It’s currently on sale this month for $69 at Harbor Freight

Good idea.

View Viking's profile

Viking

David;

I looked at HF motorcycle lift for another project and it look like it is a pretty good tool. Don’t think it would be a major project to retrofit heavier or larger casters if it is difficult to roll around under load.

Thanks for sharing.

Good luck!

-- Rick Gustafson - Lost Creek Ranch - Colorado County, Texas

View UnionLabel's profile

UnionLabel

Necessity is the mother of invention. Nice re-purposing.

-- Methods are many,Principles are few.Methods change often,Principles never do.

View rtree's profile

rtree

I’ve seen some bad comments about HF on this site, but when it’s my money I’m spending, I think you can’t go wrong if you are careful. My lathe, drill presses, sanders, router table and router, several angle grinders, vices, scissors (when on sale you get several pairs for $3.99 and they last) clamps, hand tools etc all came from HF. Especially any hand tools that I know will be borrowed. I always use my 20% off coupons and get a 1 year extended warranty so I can get an instant exchange if I have a problem (on anything electrical) So far, no returns. I’ve also gotten 3 pallet jacks for our company. We are NOT nice to them and so far they have lasted over 5 years. No battery power tools, they have too many types of batteries. Always shop wisely

-- RT --- The older I get, the smarter my father gets. I should have paid more attention when I was younger.

View DurocShark's profile

DurocShark

Excellent use!

I’ve used them for engine swaps in my old VW Bus… Didn’t think to use it for moving heavy tools around.

-- -Don