Watta Mug !

Review by Zuki posted 04-18-2010 02:00 PM 1464 views 0 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Watta Mug ! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

A part of the Rockler Bench Cookie Challenge I won a set of bench cookies and a mug. They finally arrived last week. I will blog about the cookies later . . . but now I want to speak about the mug.

I am a big tea drinker and I found that with most mugs I had around the house I would have to go and get a refill as there just was not enough in one cup. Well . . . let me tell you something. This Rockler mug rocks!

When I opened the package I saw the mug box and thought “pretty big box for a mug . . . and its probably plastic”. When I opened it, much to my surprise there was no stuffing inside . . . it was all mug . . . and it was glass. It is huge!

Here it is next to my two favourite mugs. Yes I am a Star Trek fan and my ATV & snowmobile of choice was Polaris (Xplorer400L & Trail Touring). Its much taller.

And if I ate donuts, I could practically drop an entire one in here.

I’m only giving it a 4 star because of the logo. After one week of use the logo is eroding. It does not take away from the mug. I love its size and the really cool hammer handle.

I have a new favourite mug !

-- BLOG - http://www.colorfulcanary.com/search/label/Zuki

View Zuki's profile

Zuki

View cstrang's profile

cstrang

#1 posted 04-18-2010 02:04 PM

I got some cookies for Christmas and the mug came with them, I know what you mean… The first time I saw it I think I let out a holy s%#! lol. My logo is fine though, are you putting it in the dish washer? It is quite the mug… drink up!

-- A hammer dangling from a wall will bang and sound like work when the wind blows the right way.

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

#2 posted 04-18-2010 02:24 PM

i have the mug too… i love it. my logo was eroding as well and i just rubbed it off… the rockler part stayed but it was the white background that just came off..

did you see that the handle is a hammer two. we all got ours at the home show and out of probably 15 woodworkers no one noticed it was a handle… haha

View Chase's profile

Chase

#3 posted 04-18-2010 02:32 PM

Bigger mug means more coffee. More coffee means more happiness. Yes, I approve of this mug.

-- Every neighborhood has an eccentric neighbor. I wondered for years "who was ours?" Then I realized it was me.

View 8iowa's profile

8iowa

#4 posted 04-18-2010 02:42 PM

That mug is so big! You’ll now have to put a microwave in the shop in order to re-heat your tea.

-- "Heaven is North of the Bridge"

View Dan'um Style's profile

Dan'um Style

#5 posted 04-18-2010 03:37 PM

very cool ..

-- keeping myself entertained ... Humor and fun lubricate the brain

View Zuki's profile

Zuki

#6 posted 04-18-2010 04:45 PM

Unfortunately I’m the dishwasher. :-)

-- BLOG - http://www.colorfulcanary.com/search/label/Zuki

View David Craig's profile

David Craig

#7 posted 04-18-2010 05:07 PM

The mug was a nice extra when I received the cookies. It is my “workshop” mug because my coffee pot is upstairs and I have to make less trips for refills.

-- There is little that is simple when it comes to making a simple box.

View Milo's profile

Milo

851 posts in 1985 days

#8 posted 04-18-2010 05:25 PM

I’d be careful with that mug, seems a lot of things Rockler’s been putting out lately break after one use….

Hope glassmaker got the temp right….

It wasn’t made in Tiawan, was it…..?

okokok, enough Rockler jibs… I’m just jealous ‘cause I’d put something other that tea in a mug that big!

-- Beer, Beer, Thank God for Beer. It's my way of keeping my mind fresh and clear...

View lew's profile

lew

#9 posted 04-18-2010 05:43 PM

Zuki,

My wife “liberated” the mug as soon as I opened the box! She uses it for everything from coffee to soup. Works great in the microwave. However, as you pointed out, the logo doesn’t hold up.

Lew

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View Popsnsons's profile

Popsnsons

#10 posted 04-19-2010 04:15 AM

I gave the gift set to a friend at Christmas. I couldn’t resist taking a peek, and I couldn’t help notice how big the mug was. I liked the handle too. This is the first I heard about the logo not holding up. I’ll have to check to see if the losgo has the same problem.

-- Pops ~ In So Cal...

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

#11 posted 04-19-2010 01:37 PM

I too got the mug with the cookies after the contest. I am so weird and vain. It sits upon my bench like a little trophy. I’ve got my cookies in it.
BTW. I too am a trekie. since the first episode on Thursday night at 10 pm, NBC, 1968. I’ve seen all 40+ years of them more than once.