Power Tool Security Products

Review by d_webb posted 1465 days ago 1926 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Power Tool Security Products Power Tool Security Products No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Like everyone else, I’ve used tons of different bike locks and padlocks to protect my tools and equipment. But I recently found a really nice cable system that is specifically designed to protect contractors’ tools.

It’s called a Skyd Cable System. It has a 20 foot retractable cable that is housed in a diamond plate aluminum box. The box is bolted into the bed of your truck. Mine is in between the wheel-well and tailgate, and it’s out of the way in that location. Overall, the cable system is a simple and common sense design. Plus it comes with a lifetime warranty (which is rare these days).

What’s very cool and unique about the Skyd system are the padlocks, called Skyd Locks. I’ve never seen anything like them. They’re difficult to describe, but they’re incredibly simple (just look at the pictures). The skyd locks have no keys or combinations. They are locked by sliding them on to the cable, and then locking the cable to the box. So you can have as many locks on the cable as you like, but never need to deal with countless keys and combinations.

Anyways, I live and work in a city and things can be stolen out of the bed of my truck in a blink of an eye. I love using this cable system to lock up my stuff when I’m going in to building supply stores or a gas station. So I rate this thing a strong buy.

d_webb

By the way, I understand this isn’t a wood working tool, but I figured that anything that protects our tools and equipment from theft is worth mentioning.

View rustfever's profile

rustfever

Wow! This sure would simplify our system of chains and padlocks. Each of our trucks carries 1/2 dozen chains. Each chain is from 3’ to 12’ and has two locks. Clumbersom, dirty, and heavy.

-- Rustfever, Central California

d_webb

Yeah, that’s exactly why I bought it. I think chains beat up my power tools and portable equipment. The skyd locks are really nice power tool padlocks because you’re not constantly fumbling around with keys. No more locking my keys in my toolbox.

View Renovation's profile

Renovation

This security you mention is pretty neat! They look quite similar to heavy duty issues from special forces.

Find out more on Home Security Systems