Grizzly 17" GO513 BS

Review by Al Killian posted 02-24-2008 07:32 PM 6440 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly 17" GO513 BS Grizzly 17" GO513 BS Grizzly 17" GO513 BS Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought a Grizzly 17” bs model#513 a few weeks ago. It arrived in exellent condtion and took less then a hours to put it together and fine tune it. I have now resawn aroung 20bdft of apple, 5 bdft of walnut and several others. It has not bogged down much, only when cutting a 1/4” peice off of a chunk that was 11-1/2” tall. This may also due to the fact that it is running on 120at this time and shareing the circuit w/ a few lights. All in all it is a exellent machine and well worth the money. They only thing is I wish I would have bought the resaw fence with it.

#1 posted 02-24-2008 08:39 PM

Hi Al,

Congrats on the new toy. What type of blade are you using for resawing? Generally the blades that come with the machines are not the best (to put it politely). When I put in my Powermatic back in December I never even unpacked the blade but put in a 1/2” Timberwolf for resawing.

I am having a difficult time with the pictures but don’t really know how to help you correct the problem. I am sure someone will have an answer.

#2 posted 02-24-2008 08:51 PM

I have a 3/4” timberwolf resaw blade. Not sure of the exact model # . With the pics, are you able to see them? Try going to photbucket. Here is the link(I hope)http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/Al_Killian/
The factory blade hangs on the wall. Have not even tried using it.

View juniorjock's profile

juniorjock

1930 posts in 2451 days

#3 posted 02-24-2008 11:24 PM

Another satisfied Grizzly customer….. They have great tools and if something is not right, they’ll make sure to fix it. Not sure about the photos. Seems like you just need to increase the size (pixels).

View motthunter's profile

motthunter

#4 posted 02-25-2008 12:16 AM

A friend of mine who passed away also had this saw and absolutely loved it. For the money, I think that htis is one of the best saws on the market. Congrats! I know that you will continue to love it.

-- making sawdust....

View mjlauro's profile

mjlauro

#5 posted 02-28-2008 04:03 AM

I was looking at this saw in the catalog and could have sworn they were packaging it with a free resaw fence, maybe you should give them a call and double check, I may be wrong maybe i should check my catalog before i post this, too late, lol. I have to replace a table saw this week, anybody have any experience with the grizzly cabinet saws?

#6 posted 02-28-2008 08:50 PM

The model with the resaw is the next one up.

The bad thing I have with there tablesaws, is the fact you do not get your choice of fence or rails when you by it. Other then this I have heard of no problems. My freind has the 1023SLX and loves it. I have used it a few times and plan on adding one to my shop after I get everything else moved over to the knew shop.

View Garyswood's profile

Garyswood

#7 posted 03-27-2008 03:41 AM

I have one as well.. I have run oak, cedar, pine, walnut, and cypress through it. It only gets bogged down when I am putting a full 12” tall hunk of oak through it. That was with a 1” 3pti hook blade. I love this toy..talk about a beautiful addition to the shop.

-- Gary

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

#8 posted 03-27-2008 10:17 AM

I have a 14” Griz with a riser block. It has really been good for me. I have a 3/4” Woodslicer I haven’t tried yet.