Wixie for The Griz

Review by longgone posted 04-10-2010 12:00 AM 2512 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Wixie for The Griz Wixie for The Griz Wixie for The Griz Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently bought a wixey digital/fractional readout for my big old floor model planer. These are supposed to be for a desktop planer but I have seen others adapt them to fit a floor model planer. I have several other wixey products and have been quite happy with them so I decided to make one adaptable to my Grizzly 15” planer.

I used a 2” wide piece of aluminum flat bar and a piece of 1 1/2” aluminum angle iron… and after a little trial and error of lining up the little metal bar that hooks the wixey to my aluminum bracket…bingo—-success. Not difficult at all.
This new toy is easy to use and most importantly it is very accurate. After calibrating it, which is a simple step, I planed a few boards of different thicknesses and wood types and then checked the thickness with my Starrett dial calipers to do a comparison.
Both were right on the money. I can see where this will be a very useful tool accessory in my shop.

View longgone's profile

1 comment so far

View grub32's profile

212 posts in 2087 days

#1 posted 04-14-2010 12:32 AM

AMEN!! I love mine!!

-- Science Teacher by Day, Wood Butcher by Night!!