Accurate and Powerful

Review by mcase posted 04-08-2010 08:18 AM 2433 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Accurate and Powerful No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I had this machine shipped from Grizzly several months ago. The shipping was timely arriving in just three business days! The machine was everything I hoped for. The tables were dead flat. They adjusted to absolute coplanar. And the machine was very powerful. I had an 1×8” hard maple board set aside just to test this machine and it trued it lickety split. I’ve been using it for months now and am very happy with this purchase. It trues up stock square and smooth. The long (43”) infeed table allows you to take the crook out of an 8’ board with ease. The fit and finish are ok and all the adjustments work easily. Grizzly tech support was great, the delivery was great, and the machine is everything I wanted. Its a heavy, accurate, and powerful jointer at a fantastic price.

View mcase's profile

mcase

View Xtreme90's profile

Xtreme90

#1 posted 04-08-2010 01:00 PM

IMHO!!! Gotta love grizz!!! :)

-- "I don't cut wood. I machine it!" G.M. The wood machinest

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

#2 posted 04-08-2010 02:45 PM

I have the 6” – 2 hp version of this machine and it is absolutely great also. I agree with everything the reviewer said about his machine. I will also add that the built in mobile base works great.

Be advised though – with my machine I should not run it without the DC hooked up and running. Otherwise, the exhaust chute will plug up.

View skeeter's profile

skeeter

233 posts in 2029 days

#3 posted 04-08-2010 03:06 PM

What did you have to call tech support about? Seems very common with grizzly.

-- My philosophy: Somewhere between Norm and Roy

View mcase's profile

mcase

#4 posted 04-08-2010 07:06 PM

Skeeter,

I called them with a question about assembly. They answered the phone right away and had the answer. To give you some perspective, I had to call tech support at Powermatic twice in my life. The first time no answered after forty five minute of being on hold. I finally had have the vendor reach them. The second time I was lucky someone answered after a 1/2 hour. Hats off to Grizzly!

View NBeener's profile

NBeener

#5 posted 04-08-2010 07:18 PM

I’m sorry to hear about your tremendous dissatisfaction and ongoing grief with your machine.

NO person should have to live with a boat anchor like that.

But I’m a people person, and seek to help out my fellow Wood Butchers where I can.

I’d give you $300 for that thing—sight unseen—to allow you to get some closure, to put it behind you, and to get on with your life … without the obvious aggravation that this beast has caused you.

Why would I do this?

Because I’m sure you’d do it for me.

Think about it. I’ll be here.

Yours….

-- -- Neil

View CedarFreakCarl's profile

CedarFreakCarl

#6 posted 04-09-2010 01:11 AM

I’ve got this same jointer and it’s been an asset to my work. You’ll surely enjoy it. Carl

-- Carl Rast, Pelion, SC

View sillac's profile

sillac

#7 posted 11-26-2010 04:44 AM

Great review, you have had the tool for some time now, have you changed out the blades yet? How do they wear? Are they easy to change? Any info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for sharing, Steve in Oregon

-- Steve in Oregon,