Delete Pls.

Review by Abbott posted 1559 days ago 1905 views 0 times favorited 21 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Average rating: 1.0

View Abbott's profile

Abbott

View John Steffen's profile

John Steffen

Thanks for this review Abbott. I saw this little guy this past weekend and was wondering about it. Been needing a new one since my cheap Skil helped me refinish my floors.

-- Big John's Woodshed - Farmington, IL

View Sawdust4Blood's profile

Sawdust4Blood

I’ve had one of these for about two years. Like you, mine quickly became a go-to tool. I was surprised at the versatility and performance this little guy. It’s easier to control than most belt sanders but holds it’s own in its ability to hog out material.

-- Greg, Severn MD

View Chelios's profile

Chelios

I am on my second one…The first one burnt out during the first 20 min. I ve been real careful about not using it for extended periods of time. It works as described above for me but I don’t reach for it that often because it has no real dust control

View Sawdust4Blood's profile

Sawdust4Blood

mine came with an adapter to attach a shop vac to a port directly under the power cord. It ain’t perfect but I thought it worked reasonably well for a portable belt sander.

-- Greg, Severn MD

View grizzman's profile

grizzman

well i was almost certain just how much you loved me…but now i know for sure…seeing my grizz bear in the picture…....if ya want i can send you my autograph…....well here try this [’’’’‘].........:)

-- GRIZZMAN ...[''''']

View Abbott's profile

Abbott

That’s not your bear Grizzman, that’s Burt the shop bear. Bear is my nickname. At the moment their are four mascots running around my shop, Burt the bear is one of them. It has nothing to do with you :)

David Craig

Thanks for the review, been considering this model. I have a stair strip/refinish project I need to get working on again and thought this would be good for some tight corners. I have detail sanders for some spots, but some areas I need something more aggressive. Only concerns I have are with past reviews I had seen on Amazon where there were complaints about the spring in the belt tracking knob being too flimsy and concerns about how hot parts of the chasis on the sander can get after some extended use. Have you noticed any of these issues on your model? I am curious if PC worked on those problem areas or not.

Thanks for posting,

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

2556 posts in 2019 days

Mine got delivered last week… I have not had cause to try it out yet but hope to.
Thanks for the great review on this.
For me, it is all about the weight and size of the tool as I have small hands and I find
those big belt sanders cumbersome to use unless I want to take a ton of wood off!

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

View JimNEB's profile

JimNEB

I’ve had one for awhile and love it. I find all kinds of places to use it.

-- Jim, Nebraska

View blockhead's profile

blockhead

I completely agree with you Abbott. I have one at work and absolutely love it. Before we got our belt/disc sander, I would clamp this bad boy to the table and use it as a grinder/shaper on smaller pieces.

-- Brad, Oregon- The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

I have one of these and I like it. My only concern is that it seems to heat up too quickly. It can get to the point that it is uncomfortable to hold due to the heat – even if you are using it lightly. I only run it for 3 – 5 minutes at a time and then set it aside to cool down.

David Craig

When did you buy yours Rich? Am curious if it is one of the older models or the latest one. I know they were having issues with heat on old reviews, just curious if they fixed it or not.

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

I’m struggling to remember when I bought mine. I know it was more than a year ago and less than 2 years ago.

View Kent Shepherd's profile

Kent Shepherd

Good review Abbott. I first saw this sander at the show in Atlanta about 4 years a go when they introduced it.
At first I thought—how cute—until I tried the demo. I couldn’t believe the power. I knew I had to have one.
I love mine, but I don’t use it long enough at one time to know if it overheats.

-- She thought I hung the moon--now she just thinks I did it wrong

David Craig

Thanks Rich for the feedback. The overheating is my chief concern. I think it would work perfect for what I need it for. I wouldn’t use it long per stair but might see some heat buildup over the course of the project. Everyone’s feedback so far indicates it is a good tool though.