Jorgensen 36 in parallel bar clamp

Review by kosta posted 04-05-2010 05:09 PM 5554 views 0 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Jorgensen 36 in parallel bar clamp No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Yo whats up everybody I wanted to do a review on the jorgensen 36 in parallel bar clamp. I got two of these clamps about 4 weeks ago. There are a lot of different brands that sell parallel bar clamps and I use jet and jorgensen parallel bar clamps. To move the head of the clamp back you lift up the handle and pull back. The handle is wood and is very easy to grip. These clamps have a lot of pressure so you never have to worry about not having enough clamping pressure when you are gluing up a project. You can get this clamp at home depot for $40.

View Blair Helgason's profile

Blair Helgason

#1 posted 04-05-2010 06:04 PM

I recently bought 4 of the 24” clamps. I love them. I’m surprised you can get them at Home Depot, I live in Canada and can only buy them at Lee Valley. The Canadian Home Depot is pretty crappy.

-- Blair

View pauls's profile

pauls

#2 posted 04-05-2010 06:15 PM

You can also get them at Amazon.com usually with free shipping. I ordered 3 of the 36”. However they did a bad job packing and 1 of the 3 came damaged but they sent a replacement without any questions or issues.

-- PS. "Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours." R. Bach

View skeeter's profile

skeeter

233 posts in 2027 days

#3 posted 04-05-2010 06:47 PM

The United States HD is pretty crappy too.

-- My philosophy: Somewhere between Norm and Roy

View NBeener's profile

NBeener

#4 posted 04-05-2010 06:48 PM

One of the WW magazines just ranked the Jorgensen and the Jet parallel clamps as tied for best—beating the Besseys, the Irwins, and one or two other brands….

Enjoy !

-- -- Neil

#5 posted 04-05-2010 06:53 PM

I got free shipping because my order costs more then $50.

View David Craig's profile

David Craig

#6 posted 04-05-2010 07:52 PM

I picked up two of the 48 inchers because I didn’t have any good cabinet sized clamps. I don’t regret the purchase and the price was a little better than the Bessey versions. Very high quality clamps and very easy to adjust to your project.

Thanks for posting!

David

-- There is little that is simple when it comes to making a simple box.

#7 posted 04-06-2010 12:38 AM

I have heard that the Bessy clamps jam up too easily.

View Tony Z's profile

Tony Z

#8 posted 04-06-2010 02:11 AM

I have about 16 of these in 24”, 36”, and 48” lengths. They are the best deal you can get in parallel clamps. My local Menards just had a sale on these about amonth ago and I picked up a few more REALLY CHEAP. I think the 24” ones were only 20 bucks. The only downside to these clamps is that they are heavy as hell. I love them.

-- Tony, Ohio

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

#9 posted 04-06-2010 03:01 PM

I like the convenience of quick grip (one hand) clamps and my Jorgensen quick grip clamps are always my first choice. Relative to my other quick grip clamps (Irwin) the Jorgensens just seem to work better.

#10 posted 04-07-2010 02:31 AM

Yea I have some irwin quick clamps but parallel bar clamps have a lot more pressure.

View akdale's profile

akdale

#11 posted 04-09-2010 07:37 AM

I got 10 of these in various lenghts for Christmas. So far, cabinet case work and doors have been built using them. I wish I would have gotten them sooner. Awesome clamps. The only thing other than weight is when you close them for storage make sure the hand screw it in some so you can loosen it. Otherwise they can be a bear to open.

-- Phil 4:13------Our family motto

#12 posted 05-16-2010 07:34 PM

Yea Bessys jam really easily but if you think about it you might spend $300 on clamps but you have them for a really long time. They dont go bad and you really have to have them.

#13 posted 05-16-2010 11:36 PM

Congrats enjoy

View sillac's profile

sillac

#14 posted 12-08-2010 04:22 AM

I’ll be getting some more of these as soon as the shop is finished, they will be great help in building cabinets, Steve in Oregon

-- Steve in Oregon,