Milescraft Model 1201 BasePlate / Bushing Set, boring but good.

Review by Kerry Drake posted 03-29-2010 06:53 PM 4168 views 1 time favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Milescraft Model 1201 BasePlate / Bushing Set, boring but good. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I had to keep my stools in storage for over year after tearing down one shop then having a big delay in starting the new shop due to health issues. When I took all my stuff back out of storage I found I was missing (i.e. I lost) some little do-dads here and there. One of them was some of the accessory pieces to my router.

How we got by without the internet I do not know, but after a little Google magic I had this product shipped to me and all was right with the world.

-- Kerry Drake, Loudon NH, http://thenickedfinger.wordpress.com/

View Kerry Drake's profile

Kerry Drake

View noahsdad86's profile

noahsdad86

#1 posted 03-29-2010 08:33 PM

nice video looks like a nice baseplate.

-- Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

View surfin2's profile

surfin2

#2 posted 03-30-2010 04:11 AM

There made of plastic, I was wondering how good they were? I’ve seen them for a good price but still passed it up. I guess you chose between quality or versatility.

-- Rick

View Rustic's profile

Rustic

#3 posted 03-31-2010 03:08 AM

I had the plastic set that came with my sign crafter kit I wore the 5/8 bushing out on another project. Now I have the upgrade kit. It came with plastic bushing plate and brass bushings. I like that better.

-- www.carvingandturningsbyrick.com, Rick Kruse, Grand Rapids, MI

View kosta's profile

kosta

946 posts in 2040 days

#4 posted 04-05-2010 05:05 PM

yea milescraft makes some good stuff

-- kosta Virginia Beach, VA http://www.kostasworkshop.blogspot.com/

View 3DWoodworkingSupply's profile

3DWoodworkingSupply

#5 posted 04-24-2010 11:19 PM

Milescraft also has metal nose bushings available for the TurnLock system. They’re quite a bit more durable, but a bit harder to find… They come in a set of bushings, or they come in a kit with the Base Plate included.

As for the durability and convenience of the system itself, I can attest. I’ve been demonstrating the Milescraft Sign Pro and Design/Inlay Kit most weekends since October at The Woodworking Shows and haven’t needed to change out any of our Base Plates yet. Countless bushing changes have been performed and each bushing still locks into place perfectly on center.

-- Mark & Elaine, Iowa, http://3DWoodworkingStore.com