Abranet Sanding Mesh

Review by Darell posted 1580 days ago 3299 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Abranet Sanding Mesh No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I thought I’d try this Abranet Sanding Mesh to sand my pen blanks. Sanding has always been the hated chore of my penmaking. The Abranet Sanding Mesh has made this task much easier. I cut a 1” strip off each of 5 grits and after 15 pens I’m still using the same pieces and they don’t show any signs of wearing out yet. This stuff is much, much easier to use that the old sandpaper strips I had before. I won’t be using the old stuff any more. Wish I’d bought this when I started on pens. I can see using this sanding mesh on other projects too. Great stuff.

-- Darell, Norman, Ok.

View Darell's profile

Darell

View Woodwrecker's profile

Woodwrecker

I’ve heard a lot of good things about that Abranet Darell.
I think I’m going to have to try it.
(As soon as the pile of sandpaper I got free with rebate wears out….cheap skate that I am…)
Thanks for the tip!
And pet that dog for me. Us dogs have to stick together!

-- Having fun...Eric

View CharlieM1958's profile

CharlieM1958

This stuff is fantastic. Greatest invention since the wheel!

-- Charlie M. "Woodworking - patience = firewood"

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

My Red Beagle Copper thanks you for the review too. ;>)

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

View Darell's profile

Darell

Ole Max thanks you for the mention and the extra attention. He’s kind of spoiled you know. :-)

-- Darell, Norman, Ok.

View Frankie Talarico Jr.'s profile

Frankie Talarico Jr.

353 posts in 1952 days

I used this stuff in the D.A. sander style. 5” discs. I did a Avonitw counter top with that. And we used Abralon, Same stuff except mounted on a foam pad, and goes as high as 8000 grit. We got that thing high gloss in no time. I like the stuff. I found on harder materials like avonite it wears at just about the same rate as regular paper. On wood though the Abronet is outstanding. They try to sell you a sander with a package deal, but regular sanders work just as well.

-- Live by what you believe, not what they want you to believe.