3M™ SandBlaster™ Flexible Abrasives

Review by leonmcd posted 02-20-2008 10:31 PM 1836 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
3M™ SandBlaster™ Flexible Abrasives No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I just discovered these and used them on my Valentine’s Box 2008 project. Because of the small size of the box and the rounded bottom made by the bowl/tray router bit, I needed something flexible to follow the curves. I also need something that I could agressively work some problem areas left by the router.

My regular sandpaper didn’t seem agressive enough and foam backed sanding pads are too stiff on the sanding surface to smoothly follow the tight curves. These pads are much more flexible on the surface than the standard foam backed. They also have a lot of bite. I worked my biggest problem areas with the 120 grit and it really cut through the material.

I liked these a lot. Flexible and fast cutting.

-- Leon -- Houston, TX - " I create all my own designs and it looks like it "

View leonmcd's profile

leonmcd

View gizmodyne's profile

gizmodyne

#1 posted 02-21-2008 01:43 AM

I love these too. I use the 320 for sanding finishes.

-- -John "Do I have to keep typing a smiley? Just assume it's a joke." www.flickr.com/photos/gizmodyne

#2 posted 02-21-2008 02:41 AM

I have never used these but will have to try them. Thanks for the post.

View sharad's profile

sharad

#3 posted 02-21-2008 07:01 PM

Thanks for the new information. Will be useful one day
Sharad

-- “If someone feels that they had never made a mistake in their life, then it means they have never tried a new thing in their life”.-Albert Einstein