Pink Tool Set for Ladies - Apollo Precision 39-piece

Review by EricWrights posted 03-16-2010 04:32 PM 5132 views 0 times favorited 17 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Pink Tool Set for Ladies - Apollo Precision 39-piece No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Apollo Precision Tools DT9706P

Apollo Precision 39-piece Pink Tool Set

I suggest you this awesome tool set. It was really nice to be able to give a tool set to my wife that not only was sturdy and comprehensive but also aesthetically looked great with their shocking pink accents. I’m not allowed to use the pink tools so I’m told (I’m terrible for putting tools back in their proper place) but there’s no way I could confuse them with mine so I don’t think she has to worry!

Great bundle for the price too.

-- Sawing, sanding, scraping, cutting? Let Rockwell Sonicrafter do the job. http://rockwellsonicrafter.com & A more general blog at http://resay.org

View EricWrights's profile

EricWrights

94 posts in 1904 days

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

2568 posts in 2085 days

#1 posted 03-16-2010 05:19 PM

I hope this is a joke!
Tools don’t come in that color!

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

View Andrew's profile

Andrew

#2 posted 03-16-2010 07:17 PM

It also works the otherway. ” that hammer you are using on that chicken, doesn’t have any pink on it so it must be mine, Dear”.

Its real, I have seen them around, not sure where, but around.

-- Even a broken clock is right twice a day, unless, it moves at half speed like ....-As the Saw Turns

View Dennisgrosen's profile

Dennisgrosen

#3 posted 03-16-2010 10:03 PM

you can buy them here Ladies and Gentlemen

I even had seen them in purple

I don´t know if the kvali on the iron in the tools can hold up
to more than a childs nocking around with them
but it´s a cool idea to get more girl power in the shops
if the Gentlemen Dare to let them in
and if there is some DIY project in the home
it´s great to have the help from the beloved one

Dennis

View 747DRVR's profile

747DRVR

199 posts in 2009 days

#4 posted 03-17-2010 02:31 AM

I was helping out a good friend and his wife on some small repairs around the house.He is not a “handy man”by no stretch of the imagination.I asked him if he had a hammer and he replied that he did.He comes back a minute later with this kit.I still havent let him live it down.

View David Craig's profile

David Craig

#5 posted 03-17-2010 05:11 AM

I see this being more of a niche for the type of woman that would never set foot in the shop. They would think it is cute. If I bought this for the ladies I know who use tools… Ouch, I cringe to even think of the look I would get from them…

David

-- There is little that is simple when it comes to making a simple box.

112083 posts in 2230 days

#6 posted 03-17-2010 05:27 AM

Unique but not real useful for an accomplished woodworker,

View Todd A. Clippinger's profile

Todd A. Clippinger

#7 posted 03-17-2010 03:51 PM

I got tired of my wife using my screw gun all the time so I bought her a Makita 12v several years ago. She loves having it in the house. My tools stay in the shop and her tools stay in the house. It still gets regular use after 11 years.

And people thought it was a calloused and selfish gift when I got it for her;)

-- Todd A. Clippinger, Montana, http://americancraftsmanworkshop.com

View araldite's profile

araldite

187 posts in 2057 days

#8 posted 03-17-2010 04:50 PM

I agree this would be for only certain types of women. My wife, who is a Mary Kay consultant (think pink Cadillac), would find these to be demeaning. She has her own set of good quality hand tools and we share the power tools.

View DragonLady's profile

DragonLady

#9 posted 03-18-2010 04:24 AM

meh. I don’t care what color they are, as long as they work well. I wouldn’t buy a set just for the color, that’s for sure.

My boyfriend knows which tools are ok for him to use and which aren’t. I actually bought a cheap set of tools to keep in the kitchen for those “dammit, where’s a hammer” moments.

It helps that he’s not really handy and KNOWS it. I’m the one with the “honey-do” list…

-- A woman's work is never done-but power tools help!

View Rob1's profile

Rob1

26 posts in 2051 days

#10 posted 03-18-2010 02:44 PM

My neighbors wife has this set. The really scary thing is that her tools are better than his!

Rob

-- Regards, Rob

View KayBee's profile

KayBee

#11 posted 03-18-2010 09:08 PM

Well I guess even Barbie has to hang a picture. The color even coordinates with that really stubron nail polish bottle that won’t open! lol

-- Karen - a little bit of stupid goes a long way

View RedShirt013's profile

RedShirt013

#12 posted 03-19-2010 11:03 PM

Let’s hope my wife doesn’t see this, or she’ll give these to me just so I would put away my tools every day.

-- Ed

View Vicki's profile

Vicki

938 posts in 1997 days

#13 posted 03-20-2010 05:07 PM

As a female who has good tools I can only say they MIGHT be better than hanging a picture by bangin the nail with a rock. Usually those kits (IMHO) have such light weight tools that they are more annoying than helpful. Just my 2 cents.
Vicki

-- Vicki on the Eastern Shore of MD

View DebraB's profile

DebraB

#14 posted 03-21-2010 03:28 AM

Making a pink version of a product is what a male product designer does, when he has NO IDEA what a woman would want in a product, and can’t be bothered to ask one.

Personally, I have a good set of Craftsman wrenches (3 sets actually – ratchet in two different drive sizes and a fairly complete set of box wrenches – they aren’t pink.)

Various hammers, large and small, various screwdrivers (flat and Philips – not to mention square drivers for cordless drill), Allen wrenches (both loose and in sets), saws, mallets, whatever.

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

2568 posts in 2085 days

#15 posted 03-21-2010 01:22 PM

Shopguryl,
I too am offended by some jerk (male or female) making pink tools because he/she thinks it will appeal to women! Maybe we should make them in blue for men! Tools are tools… they are not designed by color! Reminds me of the days when it was thought that women bought cars based on color and where the cup holder was… and whether it had a lighted make up mirror on the visor!!
I don’t think this has anything to do with “hating men”, just hating the idea that there are still people out there that do not take women woodworkers seriously. Fortunately for us, LJs is not one of those sites. I have always felt supported and encouraged by both the men and the women on this site.
That is my 2 cents!