Chain Hoist-Little helper

Review by 308Gap posted 1499 days ago 2148 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Chain Hoist-Little helper No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I picked up this hoist to lift a jointer out of my truck. It worked great in both directions, it has a built in brake. The jointer I lifted is 260 lbs. I got on also for a grand total of 520 lbs. .......... it still worked smooth and the roof didnt cave in. I spread the weight across 3 garage joists and put 2×4 braces on both sides of the truck. ok ok so theres a little redneck in my family LOL. This hoist will work great for picking up shop equipment when needed. No need for 4 buddies that drink all your beverages. 44.99 USD

-- Thank You Veterans!

View 308Gap's profile

308Gap

109409 posts in 2080 days

Great review. That’s how I get out of my recliner LOL

View Fallon's profile

Fallon

Lol, I picked up one & rigged it in more or less the same way a month or so ago. I haven’t had the chance to lift anything over 100lbs other than hanging my own 207lbs ass from it. I worked good for dangling a 4.5” metal cutting bandsaw (maybe 50-75lbs) in mid air while I did some work on the bottom.

The gearing is pretty low, so you have to pull a lot for a very little hook movement, but you’ll probably need that leverage for heavier items. Pretty much works as it should.

Being Harbor Freight I don’t trust it for much more than half of it’s rated capacity, but for the $45 I spent on it, it should be good for some lighter weight lifting work & saving my back.

View jackass's profile

jackass

I bought one a few years ago, and position it in the shed door, to lift my garden tractors to sharpen the blades on the deck. Lots easier than taking the decks off.
Jack

-- Jack Keefe Shediac NB Canada

View araldite's profile

araldite

187 posts in 1907 days

I picked up a used electric hoist on Ebay for $50 that will lift up to 500lbs. I use it for lifting my planer and other heavy stuff from the floor to my workbench because I’ve had back surgery and can’t lift anything over 20lbs. These hoists work great and can be positioned anywhere in the shop by installing hooks through the joists above wherever you need it.

View Greg The Cajun Box Sculptor's profile

Greg The Cajun Box Sculptor

A chain hoist is definitely useful in the shop. I bought the 2 ton chain hoist from Harbor freight about 2 years ago when they had it on sale for $49.95. I had just finished building my new shop and knew that I would buying and moving some heavy tools into the shop. I rigged it up just inside the door…used some heavy web straps and used it to lift up some extremely heavy floor model tools to place them on mobile stands. I was able to do this by myself when help was not available at the time. The chain hoist has been worth its weight in gold numerous times.

-- Every step of each project is considered my masterpiece because I want the finished product to reflect the quality of my work. http://www.FineArtBoxes.com

View Splinterman's profile

Splinterman

They are the quitest and strongest slaves in your workshop.