10 piece Router Template Guide Set

Review by Dick, & Barb Cain posted 03-11-2010 03:46 PM 4715 views 3 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
10 piece Router Template Guide Set No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have had this set for quite a few years now, & I highly recommend this set.

It comes with an adapter, so if you want to make your own router plate, or table,

it will be 100% accurate if installed correctly.

The fine threaded nut makes for easy hand tightening, & I’ve never had them come loose.

Fits any router that accepts standard 1-3/16” OD threaded guide bushing

Machined solid brass construction

Includes 7 template guides: 1/4” ID x 5/16” OD; 9/32” ID x 3/8” OD; 11/32” ID x 7/16” OD; 13/32” ID x 1/2” OD; 17/32” ID x 5/8” OD; 21/32” ID x 3/4” OD and 5/8” ID x 51/64” OD Plus 2 lock nuts and adapter
1.25 mm threads

20 threads per inch

ITEM 95160-2VGA

$19.99

View Eric in central Florida's profile

Eric in central Florida

#1 posted 03-11-2010 03:58 PM

Thanks for the tip Dick. That’s something I can actually afford!

-- All glory comes from daring to begin.

#2 posted 03-11-2010 04:41 PM

Thanks Dick: I have that set also, I question the length of some of the adapters and have hads to grind some of mine a little shorter because the template was not as thick as the guide was designed for.

Overall a great set.

#3 posted 03-11-2010 04:57 PM

You’re welcome Eric.
I think I only paid about $12.99, it was so long ago.<(;O}#

Karson,

I had to shorten up some of mine also for the application I needed them for.

View Tony's profile

Tony

#4 posted 03-11-2010 06:50 PM

$19.99 for this set sounds pretty good – just wish we had a HF or that they would ship internationally. – thanks for posting the information

-- Tony - All things are possible, just some things are more difficult than others! - SKYPE: Heron2005 (http://www.poydatjatuolit.fi)

View rwyoung's profile

rwyoung

#5 posted 03-11-2010 06:54 PM

+1 on this set, especially when it goes on sale or you have a 20% off coupon. Having more than one set is a good idea because you can grind down the length as Karson suggested and have a lot of choices when you need a bushing.

The one thing missing from the kit is a centering cone but those are pretty easy to make or you can use a dovetail bit as a makeshift centering cone.

-- Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

#6 posted 03-12-2010 01:04 AM

Tony,
It’s a pretty good deal isn’t it?

rwyoung,
I’ve been thinking of getting another set.

View TemplateTom's profile

TemplateTom

93 posts in 2035 days

#7 posted 03-12-2010 01:44 AM

One of the problems I have with not only this set but other makes as well; the largest guide will limit the number of cutters that can be used. Most people would use the guides with a straight cutter inserted; where most of the cutters I wish to use are Face/Edge cutters and one in particular was 32mm wide, where the majoriiy are 25mm wide
Tom

-- Getting more from my router with the aid of Template Guides Selection of Projects listed on You -Tube "Routing with Tom O'Donnell"

View bigike's profile

bigike

4035 posts in 2042 days

#8 posted 03-12-2010 02:18 AM

i need one of these thanks for the review

-- Ike, Big Daddies Woodshop, http://www.icombadaniels@yahoo.com

View bake's profile

bake

#9 posted 03-14-2010 04:19 AM

I bought one to use with my dovetail jig. It worked great, seems like a good addition to any router.

-- I love the smell of Home Depot in the morning, it smells like.......carpentry. Bake, Bar Lazy U Woodworks, Lehi,UT.

View Abbott's profile

Abbott

2570 posts in 2057 days

#10 posted 03-14-2010 05:42 AM

Ya, I also like this kit.

View Broglea's profile

Broglea

#11 posted 04-27-2010 04:36 AM

Got them for Christmas. Love them.