Hearing protection with tunes

Review by johnnymo posted 1623 days ago 4309 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Hearing protection with tunes No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well, the earmuffs I used for hearing protection finally broke and it was time to replace them. I decided to go with the worktunes earmuffs because I wasn’t able to hear my radio once I turned on my equipment. Well, they work great! The earmuffs really drown out the noise from the tablesaw and jointer and you really don’t need to have the radio on high to hear the music through the earmuffs. This particular model I bought allows you to plug in your MP3 player. The only issue I have with this feature is that you now have a cord hanging from the earmuffs to your MP3 player that kind of gets in the way while your moving around. All in all it’s a great product.

-- John in Arizona (but it's a dry heat!)

View johnnymo's profile

johnnymo

View Hoakie's profile

Hoakie

I bet you could use one of those mp3 – radio transmitters they sell for cars and work “unplugged”. The issue I’ve had with them in cars is you can pickup different stations when you drive by new cities and can interfere. Since you are in the shop you should be able to settle on a good non-use station. I just don’t know about the range of the transmitter (i.e. how far you can move your mp3 player w/transmitter from the headphones before you lose signal strength)

-- John H. [To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~Edison]

View BOB67CAM's profile

BOB67CAM

id give em atleast 4 stars too, the only couple things that bug me are they dont get loud enuff for me hoever i really like em loud, but no worry for 99% of others its very clean and clear sound and the other thing is the antenea is a bit directional and not real great but i like a few stations i always seem to have trouble getting to come in very well
but if u listen to talk radio they are incredible and they really do an awesome job muffling even a planer and u can still hear the radio plain as day..an awesome product
o i forgot to mention its almost a guarentee youll break off the battery door im pretty hard on mine and i think it only took about a month, ive had the digital and anolog set and both lost the battery door, a buddy had the same issue altho his lost a speaker also but again were both really hard on our stuff

-- if you dont have it, build it, especially when its a stupid idea

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

I had a pair of these but I found that in my basement shop I was getting poor radio reception on the stations I wanted to listen to. They worked fine if I came upstairs so I learned that the problem was the location of my workshop.

I really like music in the workshop, but when running machinery with earmuffs, I still want to hear the machine run. When somethings starting to go wrong it’s often preceded by a different sound.

I want to get that warning.

d

-- Will trade wife's yarn for tools.

View Eric_S's profile

Eric_S

I have a pair of these and agree they are great earmuffs and are very comfortable to wear for extended periods.

Don, even with the volume turned ALL the way up, I am still able to perfectly hear every machine I use over the sound of the music, it’s just a more pleasent sound.

-- - Eric Indianapolis, IN

View 747DRVR's profile

747DRVR

199 posts in 1981 days

I have the analog version and have been very happy with mine.What surprises me most is the battery life.Batteries last about 5 months for me and I sometimes accidently leave them on for hours.

View Mark's profile

Mark

i had one….i loved it to death until my brother tore it apart for pieces…..hes a geek like that

-- My purpose in life: Making sawdust