Bench Cookies are Sweet!

Review by Jay Neale III posted 1604 days ago 1200 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Bench Cookies are Sweet! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This will be short and to the point. I bought a set of four Bench Cookies from the Rockler in Arlington, Texas, this past Saturday. That evening I used them to support my new router table top clamped to my old router table top so I could use the old top as a template to rout out the opening for the plate. I hop that made sense.

Anyway, the Bench Cookies worked GREAT! I expected them to work, but I was still surprised at how well they held my work piece in place for the entire operation. No movement. I’m sold, and I recommend these little goodies!

-- Read my amazingly insightful blog at http://jn3Woodworks.blogspot.com/

View Jay Neale III's profile

Jay Neale III

171 posts in 1938 days

View David Craig's profile

David Craig

I bought mine a couple weeks ago and I would agree that these are pretty cool and quite inexpensive. I see quite a few folks mentioning that they don’t see the point or they could just make it themselves but these really are more than just a couple hockey pucks with padding glued on them. You just have to use them to know what I mean.

At any rate, thanks for posting the review. I think these are definitely worth the little money that they cost and I have already found them to be a great asset to the shop.

David

-- There is little that is simple when it comes to making a simple box.

View Woodguru's profile

Woodguru

12 posts in 1975 days

Looks like Bench Dog makes them also, can be seen at amazon.com and sell a four pack for 11.99, wonder if anyone has tried them. For me I know the Rocker bench cookies work great, already own twelve of them.

View  Box 's profile

Box

4937 posts in 1912 days

I saw the Bench Dog cookies in Lowes yesterday. Exactly like the rockler ones except orange in color.
I have 2 sets and they ssure do work good.

View JasonWagner's profile

JasonWagner

I got the Bench Dogs ones on Amazon…they should be here tomorrow. Free shipping and no tax. They look exactly the same. Kinda like the Ridgid Magswitch at HD.

-- some day I hope to have enough clamps to need a clamp cart!

View Jay Neale III's profile

Jay Neale III

171 posts in 1938 days

Ridgid makes a Magswitch? I can’t find it online. Maybe I need to spend more time in HD.

-- Read my amazingly insightful blog at http://jn3Woodworks.blogspot.com/

View David Craig's profile

David Craig

I did some checking on this because I thought there might be a future issue since Rockler’s cookies were patent pending. It turns out that Rockler financed Bench Dogs reorg to Bench Dog Tools Inc. Rockler was to provide assistance with product development. So the reason why they are exactly like the Rockler versions is probably because they actually are. Here is an article discussing this.

David

-- There is little that is simple when it comes to making a simple box.

View noahsdad86's profile

noahsdad86

I WANT SOME COOKIES NOW!!!

-- Anything worth doing is worth doing right.