DIGITAL READOUT for PORTABLE PLANERS

Review by Tony posted 01-15-2008 05:28 PM 1998 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
DIGITAL READOUT for PORTABLE PLANERS No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

The original review of this item was about 9 months ago http://lumberjocks.com/jocks/Tikka/blog/1195. You should read the blog if you want to know how I mounted this to the DC-380

Well my planer is portable it is on wheels it the Delta DC-380. I know this device was not primarily designed to be used with this larger machine, well I was up for the challenge and if it did not work, then I had another use for the readout (see the end of the blog)

In summary – I think that this will be a valuable addition to my DC-380 and will make for accurate stock preparation and faster production. Excellent value for your buck.

So after the initial use of the tool, I would have to say I am very happy with it, and it was well worth the effort and money installing it on my planer.

PS – the MDF and Hot glue are still working fine!

-- Tony - All things are possible, just some things are more difficult than others! - SKYPE: Heron2005 (http://www.poydatjatuolit.fi)

View Tony's profile

Tony

#1 posted 01-15-2008 06:01 PM

I have one of these and It works great!

View Bob #2's profile

Bob #2

#2 posted 01-15-2008 10:31 PM

The only drawback I find with mine is that the digital readout is hard to read with it’s position so low on the frame of the planer. It would be nice to have a unit with a differnt placement of the readout.
Works fine, it just crawling around on my knees that’s a bit bitchy.

Cheers
Bob

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner

#3 posted 01-15-2008 10:33 PM

Bob – They have an upgrade for $20 that has an angled face so you can read it standing up.

View Bob #2's profile

Bob #2

#4 posted 01-16-2008 12:16 AM

Thanks Gary. I will pick one up soon.

|Bob

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner

View Tony's profile

Tony

#5 posted 01-16-2008 05:39 AM

Now that upgrade could be a winner,

#6 posted 01-20-2008 02:35 AM

Here is the upgrade.

WR5001 Planer Readout Upgrade/Replacement

$19.99 including shipping. I got mine today and works great.

View motthunter's profile

motthunter

#7 posted 04-24-2008 05:45 PM

I need to install mine. The instructions are not wonderful but I will figure it out.

-- making sawdust....

View PCM's profile

PCM

#8 posted 01-26-2010 06:03 AM

I installed one on my Delta 12.5 inch planer and found it to be quite useful.