High quality table...Instructions...What Instructions??

Review by Newfounlandwood posted 1606 days ago 2924 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
High quality table...Instructions...What Instructions?? No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well guys, I finally broke down and picked up this table and router combo.
Specs:
-Heavy Duty powder-coated steel stand with rubber feet
-Solid MDF table top with a resin 9” x 12” insert and T-slot
-Micro adjustable fence
-Power and safety switch with 2 outlets
-Comes with FT2200 Router
-Price: $499 Canadian
-Web site:
-This was quite a heavy and clumbsy package, especially in my two door car. Everything was well packaged and all parts were present, as well as a dvd on router usage and creating raised panel doors.
-I have to say the instructions are horrible. When it comes to assembly and using the table you are on your own. No instructions what so ever on the assembly and using/adjusting the fence. This table seems to be different than some of the ones reviewed on here. This one has a T-slot for attaching jigs and the like, it appears some models don’t.
-I did not see any way to adjust the bit height from above the table on this router, I figured that would be a worthwhile feature on a router included with a table…But it was not too much of a nuisance to grab the large micro adjustment knob just underneath the table.
-Bit changes are done from underneath the table with one wrench, it is not complicated at all but is still annoying
-The fence is great I love the fact that I can joint wood by adjusting one side of the two piece fence. Although this does make it necessary to check for level between both sides of the fence from time to time
-The emergency stop switch is placed in a convenient spot, and an extra outlet for a shop-vac is nice.
-The table insert is a bit flimbsy for my liking but it seems to hold up ok, there are some set screws included for leveling the insert.
Overall this is a great table with a great router. My only complaints would be the instructions were a bit vague and no above table height adjustment. It is a bit pricey but that’s the way things are when you live on the edge of the continent, it’s probably about $50 dollars in the US. ;)

Dennis

-- My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them.

View Newfounlandwood's profile

Newfounlandwood

View Zuki's profile

Zuki

I saw it at HD and it did look interesting.

Just curious . . . is there any way a shelf could be incorporated on the bottom rails. would make a great place for storage and stiffen up the whole thing.

It was not available when I built mine from CT – http://lumberjocks.com/projects/1610

-- BLOG - http://www.colorfulcanary.com/search/label/Zuki

View Newfounlandwood's profile

Newfounlandwood

Hey Zuki,
It wouldn’t be any trouble at all. The bottom rails are bolted on the inside of the frame so a sheet of plywood or something like that would fit perfectly. That’s not a bad Idea actually, I need somewhere to store all my accessories.

Dennis

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

I do not have the Freud router or table but I do have their fence. If you are a fanatic about precision like I am, this is absolutely the best fence available with independent micro-adjustment on each side. You can buy just the fence and retrofitting it to another table is not a problem.

I think the combination of a Frued Fence and my Woodpecker quick lift (with micro-adjustment) is the best combination available.

The only complaint about the fence is that I have to remove it for above the table bit changes but I’m working on a fix for that.