Up-Grade Miter Gauge

Review by blackcherry posted 03-05-2010 11:56 PM 3744 views 0 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Up-Grade  Miter Gauge Up-Grade  Miter Gauge Up-Grade  Miter Gauge Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently have been up-grading some of my tool and on my short list was my table saw miter gauge. I felt that it was OK but not up to snuff with what was newer on the market. I’ve been a Incra user for many year and have never been displeased with any of there products so I started looking around and found a new Miter 1000SE on E-bay for sale below the market price. It was on one of those buy now or make and offer kinda deals so I made a offer of 20 dollars below what it lists at and much to my surprise I won. It finally arrived about 10 days after the bid and with a collective breath I open the packaging and was really happy that it was indeed a new unit still in all it original packaging. Set up was straight forward not much to do but calibration to the table saw blade and some minor assembly. What makes this gauge far better than my last one was how tight and smooth it fit the miter slot. I quickly made a couple of sacrificial fences and then put it to the test on making a tumbling block cutting board with frame. I posted a pic of the cutting board made which still isn’t A1 A but with some minor add on to the fence one being a hold down clamp this board could have had better results. Over all it the first go around and I’m very pleased with the purchase. With over 41 indexing stops every 5 degrees over a 180 range, a micro adjustment, a telescoping extending fence from 18” to31”, a flip stop incra positioner and a few more goodies, this turn your miter slot into a very accurate and reliable miter gauge. Thanks for viewing …Blkcherry

View blackcherry's profile

blackcherry

View poroskywood's profile

poroskywood

614 posts in 2022 days

#1 posted 03-06-2010 12:08 AM

Great! I ordered the same thing Thursday from Amazon and should get it Monday. I can’t wait! I got the combo Miter Express sled and the 1000SE miter gauge. I can see this taking my Table sawing to a whole new level!

-- There's many a slip betwixt a cup and a lip.--Scott

View NBeener's profile

-- -- Neil

View JasonWagner's profile

JasonWagner

#3 posted 03-06-2010 01:34 AM

Got mine (1000SE) on Amazon for around $105 a few years ago. It has recently been back down to that price I noticed. It’s a great miter gauge and well worth the money vs. a stock gauge. Super easy to zero the gauge with the saw blade so changing settings around isn’t a pain because you know you can’t have it back in a snap.

-- some day I hope to have enough clamps to need a clamp cart!

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

#4 posted 03-06-2010 03:41 AM

I’ve been using one for almost a year now. The prices are dropping because of the new 1000HD.
But 1000SE has slightly thicker steel in the protractor plate and angle lever and more surface area.

-- Router รจ ancora il mio nome.

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

#5 posted 03-06-2010 04:22 AM

Thats a nice review.

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker

View Sawdust4Blood's profile

Sawdust4Blood

#6 posted 03-06-2010 04:22 AM

I bought the 1000HD (the only difference that I can tell is the HD has more positive stops) a couple of months ago because it was on sale on Amazon for a price even lower than the SE and have been wondering what I ever did without it. I was actually impressed that this was one of the few tools I’ve bought in recent years that came with good instructions in high quality color. Neither my miter saw nor miter trimmer has seen much work since I got the incra. I love this thing and have been recommending it every chance I got. I think that these things are worth every penny of their full price so I’m confident that you’ll be very happy with yours especially after getting a deal on one.

-- Greg, Severn MD

View blackcherry's profile

blackcherry

#7 posted 03-06-2010 06:19 AM

Incra a little pricey but you’ll save on accurate cut which willl save on lumber. Thanks guys for your positive feedback on this miter gauge…BC

View degoose's profile

degoose

7014 posts in 2012 days

#8 posted 03-06-2010 07:46 AM

I have the Mitre Express and the Mitre 2000.
For all the naysayers… oh that is expensive… they have not experienced the difference between a good and a great piece of equipment…
I paid near on AU$500 for the pair of them…... heck of a lot of money but I would buy the set up again… As many of you know … some of the work I do would be doubly difficult with out the INCRA… or the TSLS 32 and soon I will be the proud owner of a LS 17 Super System and Unilift for the new router table I am building… so thank your BC for the review and A BIG thank you to Incra…

-- Drink twice... and don't bother to cut... @ lazylarrywoodworks.com.au For lovers of all things timber...

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

#9 posted 03-06-2010 10:28 PM

I’m going to be the odd man out here. In general, I am an Incra fan but I became quite disappointed with my Incra Express 2000 miter gauge. After several years I started to have trouble keeping it in proper alignment. It reached the point that I had to check the alignment with an engineering square every time I used it and I had to get it back in alignment maybe 1 out of every 4 times. There was something wrong someplace, but I didn’t pursue the solution very far when I gave up and bought an Osborne EB-3. There is only one way to describe the Osborne – Dead On Accurate.

View akdale's profile

akdale

#10 posted 04-09-2010 07:58 AM

I have one of these and it works well. I made a thumb screw for the fence extension. It was a bit spendy in my opinion but far better than stock. That being said, I spent the time and made an accurate sled. well two of them. one with the fence up front for panel cutting. My sleds are more accurate for straight cuts and are zero clearance so I get much less tearout. They also only cost a few bucks to make. Just time to ensure accuracy in the slides and fences.

-- Phil 4:13------Our family motto

View roofner's profile (online now)

roofner

#11 posted 02-26-2012 12:13 AM

I have the Hd and miterexpress. With the clamping and the fence stops real hand and miterexpress is zero clearance .