Great Product!

Review by Newfounlandwood posted 03-05-2010 04:10 PM 2070 views 1 time favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Product! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hey guys, I recently received a shipment of tools from Lee Valley and I’ll be putting in a small review on all of them.

A straight edge is something that I have never owned before. It’s not something that is easy to find in Newfoundland, Canada (along with any other woodworking tools). But with the purchase of a router table and the making of a mitre saw stand, my twenty dollar HD level was not going to cut it. I am very pleased with this product. The length of the body is concave on both sides to make for an easy grip. It’s made from aluminum and has a hole in one end for hanging it up. At $27.50 Canadian, I think it was a great buy.

That’s about it guys, I know it’s not much but I have really enjoyed reading all of the reviews on LJ, on all products from the large to the small. In other news, my fireplace ledge and dining room table are perfectly flat but my kitchen counter top is a little bent out of shape ;)

Dennis

-- My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them.

View PineInTheAsh's profile

PineInTheAsh

401 posts in 2021 days

#1 posted 03-05-2010 04:27 PM

Greetings Dennis,

Thanks for taking the time to post. We genuinely appreciate it.

But, where is the MSRP and how much did you pay for it?

Please post why you did not consider to list the price.

Thanks,
Peter

#2 posted 03-05-2010 04:31 PM

Sorry about that! Post was edited.

View Zuki's profile

Zuki

#3 posted 03-06-2010 12:32 AM

Hey . . .NW

How about posting the link to CT showing the product. that would be great for us Canadians.

Cheers.

-- BLOG - http://www.colorfulcanary.com/search/label/Zuki

#4 posted 03-06-2010 03:05 AM

Here ya go ‘ol buddy:
CT?? Canadian Tire?

View PhineasWhipsnake's profile

PhineasWhipsnake

#5 posted 03-07-2010 03:07 AM

I’ve been using the 38” version of this for years…it was by far the least expensive of the straigtedges I’ve seen on line (the Woodpeckers is a lot more).

-- Gene T