Very capable table saw

Review by Twigger posted 1639 days ago 3224 views 1 time favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Very capable table saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

My two expert woodworking friends scoffed at any thoughts that I’d buy less than a table saw that I’d be happy with for a long long time. When I suggested this saw they both endorsed the idea. It’s been great. I will add that I’ve invested in the Forrest Woodworker II blade. The cuts are really good, and from a beginner. And I’ve done some pretty complicated work creating a maple corner cabinet with various mitered joints, dado groves and other finer features. I hardly feel the blade when I run the maple through it. I think it’s a great saw for the money. I look forward to cutting some crown molding for the cabinet involving cutting the cove itself. I bought the version with the cast iron table extensions (Model No. 708482K).

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

I’m agreeing with you completely on this one. I have the same saw. In my shop I like to go to the limit on how much power I can get without crossing the line to 220 volts. This saw fits that strategy. I also use a Woodworker II (thin kerf with a stabilizer) blade.

This is a solid workhorse table saw.

If I have a complaint, its that dust collection on this machine could be better. I get a lot of sawdust on the top of the table. Eventually, I am going to get an above the table dust collector.

Twigger

Rich: The dust collection issue for me is under the cabinet dust. But as you’ve likely done, some home grown solution like duct tape at those four corner out of view places took care of that. I also noticed that using a zero clearance insert increases dust left on the table top. So you would need an above the table dust collector for that, as you’ve said.
Rich

-- When can we go fishing, err woodworking?!

Nice saw. Thanks for the write up…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View rbterhune's profile

rbterhune

I have the same saw. I’m just getting started in this hobby but I’m very happy with this saw.

Incidentally, what’s with all the Jet reviews this week? Funny.

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

-- "I don't cut wood. I machine it!" G.M. The wood machinest

View skeeter's profile

skeeter

233 posts in 1974 days

Does it have a riving knife? I have looked at it in Woodcraft and I can’t remember.

-- My philosophy: Somewhere between Norm and Roy

Twigger

It has no riving knife. That’s possibly the only thing more that I wish it had.