Functional, precise, compact

Review by Twigger posted 1608 days ago 1802 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Functional, precise, compact No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I at first used this saw as a chop saw, setting up a workshop and building various racks, etc. Then I used the miter feature in cutting some six-sided shelves for a maple corner cabinet. That’s where I’ve appreciated the precision and repeatability of this saw. I’m looking forward to the compound miter feature when I cut some crown molding for the cabinet. The instructions with the saw are clear enough to get me there. The saw operations, including slide, are very smooth.

-- When can we go fishing, err woodworking?!

View Twigger's profile

Twigger

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

I have to admit, when I think of miter saws I never think of Jet. For me, the miter saw world is dominated by Dewalt, Makita, Hitachi, Bosch and a few other brands. I always think of Jet as a manufacturer of bigger stationary machines (TS, BS, Lathe, DP, etc.)

Can you comment at all on how this Jet compares with some of the standards in the miter saw world? For a 10” miter saw, I would consider Makita to be a good standard to reference. (For 12” it would be Dewalt). Are there any features that distinguish it from others?

Please don’t get me wrong – I am a Jet fan (in woodworking tools – not in football). I have a Jet TS, BS, Dust Collector, Air filtration unit and mortising machine. I just don’t think of Jet as miter saw maker.

View Twigger's profile

Twigger

Rich: I can’t compare it to any other saws because I don’t have any other experiences. All I can compare to is my expectations. And the fact that I’m picky, because, well, I’m picky. So I’m really not much objective help. :-)
Rich (aka Twigger)

-- When can we go fishing, err woodworking?!