Don't touch my drill!

Review by matter posted 02-17-2008 03:43 PM 1053 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Don't touch my drill! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought my DC925 in September. It has been my faithful sidekick since the day I bought it.

Power to spare- you can expect the screw, bolt, or your wrist to break before you stop this drill. I have used it for everything from installing small hinges, to drilling 1” holes in concrete, to mixing mortar.

The batteries last forever, the only time I have used more than one battery in a day was building a deck where I put 3500-4000 3” screws in. The battery still did about 2500 screws before needing charging (which takes only an hour)

My only (minor) beef, is the new chuck design. If the bit is not perfectly aligned the “self tightening” chuck doesn’t slip it into place, as the older models did.

Overall, my most used, and one of my favourite power tools.

-- The only easy wood project is a fire

View matter's profile

matter

#1 posted 02-17-2008 07:25 PM

Amen. I have the 14 and 18 volt drills in addition to this one. They are all my favorite power hand tools. I generally use this one when I need to drill in masonry but it will work quite well for wood as well.

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

#2 posted 02-18-2008 08:42 PM

my dad has that drill and he loves it. he often calls it the best drill on the market and the batteries last so much longer and the drill has so much more power than the firestorm Drill i have.

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

#3 posted 02-18-2008 10:07 PM

That is a lot of long screws on a single charge. I think I changed batteries three times on a 12×12 deck with three inch screws.

View PowerToolGuy's profile

PowerToolGuy

#4 posted 08-16-2008 06:54 AM

I read a lot of power tool reviews, and in my opinion, the DeWalt DC925KA is bar none, the best overall 18V cordless hammer drill on the market today. A close runner up would be the Milwaukee 0824-24 if your a Milwaukee kind of guy.

-- Jeff, Central Illinois, http://www.TheToolSpot.us