Great gun for the money

Review by SchotterWoodworking posted 02-17-2010 03:02 AM 2116 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great gun for the money No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased this stapler after being disappointed with the 1” gun that came in my PC combo kit. It is a full range narrow crown stapler: 18ga. 1 1/2”. It has a selector on the trigger for bump-action or sequential firing which is a nice feature, as opposed to swapping out triggers. The carry handle is flimsy, but aren’t they all. The gun has never jammed and is oil-free. Compared to a gun like the Senco SKSXP that I use at work, it’s a toy; but, for less than $100.00 (Ebay) it is a great gun for the money.

View SchotterWoodworking's profile

SchotterWoodworking

111 posts in 2035 days

#1 posted 02-17-2010 05:15 AM

I have the older version of this gun and I can’t say enough good things about it.

View Mateo's profile

Mateo

#2 posted 02-17-2010 10:00 PM

can this gun be used for upholstery. Opinions are very much welcomed. :)

-- Mateo

View dennis mitchell's profile

dennis mitchell

#3 posted 02-17-2010 11:50 PM

Don’t lose your receipt. The last one I bought quickly developed a leak and now just sits in the junk drawer.

#4 posted 02-18-2010 01:48 AM

Dennis, you CAN rebuild them.

View SchotterWoodworking's profile

SchotterWoodworking

111 posts in 2035 days

#5 posted 02-18-2010 03:16 AM

Mateo, I would not recommend this for upholstery. This is a construction stapler and has too much beef for fabrics; however, look for porter cable’s 22ga. stapler. http://www.deltaportercable.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=11640 That’s their site.

#6 posted 02-18-2010 05:10 AM

A rebuild kit should only cost you about $20-30.

I can’t say anything about the new version but my BN is an absolute work horse.
I’m sure I have shot 100,000 brads through it. Only oiled once and have never replaced a single part.

View Rick's profile

Rick

8286 posts in 2037 days

#7 posted 02-20-2010 11:01 AM

Fortunately I am with Johnny. Re Built one after a few years service for $25. Works better than it ever did. Great piece of equipment!!

-- Can You Hear The Toilet Flushing?

View Hunterastin's profile

Hunterastin

#8 posted 03-26-2010 04:44 AM

i have an older PC crown staple and love it, i got it from a buddy who was a trim guy and used it daily for years and when he got a new one he passed me the old one. i love it and still works as good as new, i oiled it and it was ready to rock and roll

View redSLED's profile

redSLED

#9 posted 02-20-2015 03:34 AM

Thanks for reviewing. I may pull the trigger on my first 18ga. workshop nailer – the Porter Cable PC BN200C being my first choice currently. And yes, I’ve been happily using small nails with a hammer so far.

-- Perfection is the difference between too much and not enough.