folding table

Review by KDL posted 02-17-2008 01:43 AM 2302 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
folding table No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I was inspired to post this review after seeing Groovemadman’s very slick project post of a knock down sawhorse/bench ( http://lumberjocks.com/projects/5298 ).

This table is just a Lifetime brand 2’x4’ folding plastic table that I bought at Sam’s. It is very portable, easy to store, reasonably rugged, and just a little wobbly along the 4’ side. And, of course, useful for everything a table is useful for. But here’s the real trick for me. This table is adjustable to four different heights, including 36”, which is the height of my tablesaw. So with one table in front, and one in back, I can cut a 4’x’8’ sheet of plywood, or make a long rip cut, without help. Or I can set one table beside the saw to support really long crosscut pieces or my panel-cutting jig. I use the lower heights for finishing or holding my planer. It wasn’t exactly cheap at $40, but as I said, it comes ready-made and is good for plenty of non-woodworking projects too.

View KDL's profile

KDL

View Thuan's profile

Thuan

#1 posted 02-19-2008 01:24 AM

Considering the price of plywood, you get ready-to-use adjustability and portabilty for $40, it’s something I’m definately interested in. I’m thinking of making my own Multifunction Table for my Festool Circular saw, this got me half way there. Thanks for the idea!

-- Thuan

View Alin Dobra's profile

Alin Dobra

#2 posted 02-19-2008 05:01 AM

KDL,

I have this table as well and I noticed a couple of days ago that it is the same height as the table saw. I find that this table can take arbitrary amount of punishment and i quite like it.

Alin