Really nice sander

Review by CCWoodcrafts posted 1606 days ago 3051 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Really nice sander No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I needed to get a sander that hooks right in to my shop vac. My old craftsman doesn’t.
I got this at Home depot based on review there. What a difference! You can hardly feel it vibrate, dust collection is superb, variable speed. I can’t believe I suffered with that old craftsman all these years.
I’m not a big brand loyalist and had the Dewalt and PC in my hands but decided to give this a try as my Ridgid saw saw has been such a work horse. I’m glad I did. Does anyone know where to get a good deal on 8 hole paper? I usually just wait on a sales at Klingspor but could use some soon. Sorry about the odd picture, it wouldn’t let me post without one and I didn’t feel like running to the shop!

Jim

John Gray

View Russ's profile

Russ

amazon.com

-- Happiness is being covered in sawdust

View sIKE's profile

sIKE

You can try here too…

-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"

View rtb's profile

rtb

I’ve got the six inch. 6in 6hole hook & loop isn’t run of the mill. Granted HD carries it but in vary limited grits so I get everything else from Klingspoor. I keep everything through 1500. ps. if you think you’ve got a workhorse the six in is like an eight horse team.

-- RTB. stray animals are just looking for love

View Aaron Taylor's profile

Aaron Taylor

I have the same sander and have had very few problems. The only issue that I have with it is that the hook and loop portion on the sander wears out fairly quickly. My advise would be to have a couple replacements on hand so that you don’t loose time when your disc comes flying off and then won’t stick pack on. With work you can peel off the old h&l portion on the sander and then just stick a new one on. Norton has one that will fit the Rigid sander from HD. I haven’t looked at any others, but I am sure that they are out there.
Also I use Industrial Abrasives for all my disc. They work great and the cost isn’t bad.

Aaron

-- "Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."--Cary Grant from the movie Arsenic and Old Lace

View CCWoodcrafts's profile

CCWoodcrafts

Thanks for the feedback and sandpaper hints! I’ll check those discs out. I have about 50 5 holes to work through…..

-- Jim, http://carolinacustomwoodcrafts.building.officelive.com/default.aspx

View Broooklyn's profile

Broooklyn

I just got this sander, looking forward to making some dust. Thanks for the review.

-- Matt - Brooklyn, NY