X-Horse ---They're BACK

Review by Scott Oldre posted 1624 days ago 2418 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
X-Horse ---They're BACK No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I did a review on this indispensible tool a few months back. It appeared at the that these were unfortunately dropped from Home Depots inventory. That was a sad day even for someone that already has two of them. Well wandering through HD’s isles the other day, I found a whole stack of them. The ones I have use aluminum pillars, whereas the new ones are using heavy plastic. I doubt the difference has any effect on the sturdiness of the stand/bench but I do like the pretty aluminum.

If you don’t have one or two of these, you’re missing out on one fantastic tool. I use it virtually for every project. Recently when making some of the diamond/3D block cutting boards, I’ve taken to putting a piece of 1” granite remnant on top of it to ensure the boards are as flat as possible during glue up. My son in law uses the one I gave him as a TV stand. Want a work bench, just use two with some MDF laid over them. It’s much more stable than saw horses because there is more surface to lay the MDF across. When you’re done, just pop the top, slap it onto the center cylindar, and fold the X…..pretty sure I could do the whole process in 3 seconds or less.

Bottom line…every shop needs one. Check out the last review I did on it, and you’ll see nothing but accolades for this amazing tool.

-- Scott, Irmo SC

View Scott Oldre's profile

Scott Oldre

365 posts in 2026 days

111999 posts in 2172 days

thanks for the review

View docholladay's profile

docholladay

I have one of these and I agree that it is a very useful tool or work support. I use it primarily as a portable table to support my miter saw, scroll saw and table top band saw. It is also useful as a saw horse. It is light in weight and folds up into a space less than 2” thick so it can easily be stored away when not in use.

-- Hey, woodworking ain't brain surgery. Just do something and keep trying till you get it. Doc

View BreakingBoardom's profile

BreakingBoardom

My parents got me one for Christmas and it has the plastic legs, but I like it. It says it holds up to 750 lbs. Right now I have my Table Top Drill Press sitting on it. It is handy. Good review.

-- Matt - http://breakingboardom.wordpress.com/

View Llarian's profile

Llarian

Thanks for the review, I’ll have to check out my local HD to see if they have these! I could really use a few.

-- Dylan Vanderhoof - General hobbiest and reluctant penmaker. http://llarian.etsy.com

View efsavage's profile

efsavage

I use one to hold my miter saw and I’m totally impressed by how stable it is for a lightweight folding stand. I haven’t seen them on sale again but I’ll probably pick up another next time I see one.