Stots DoveTail TemplateMaster

Review by leonmcd posted 02-14-2008 10:02 PM 3072 views 1 time favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Stots DoveTail TemplateMaster No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

The Stots DoveTail TemplateMaster is a template that you use to make a template to cut dovetails.

The main things going for it are price ( $40) and essentially unlimited width capability. I used it to make dovetails for a blanket chest ( 18” deep). It also allows you to make a template you can use on a router table. I find this handy. Also, once you have a template you can reuse it as much as you want ( nothing to set up ).

On the down side. It only does thru dovetails and variable spacing is limited to a multiple of 1 inch.

BTW – Don’t let the router eat the original template you use to make your own templates.

It works as advertised. Stots.com

Check out this Demo site

-- Leon -- Houston, TX - " I create all my own designs and it looks like it "

View leonmcd's profile

leonmcd

View randyb's profile

randyb

119 posts in 2072 days

#1 posted 11-28-2009 03:53 PM

thx for the review, I bought one to check it out. I have a jig from peachtree woodworking, I think it is like the keller jig, so far I like it. but this template is cool.

-- I was going for that distressed look

View 3DWoodworkingSupply's profile

3DWoodworkingSupply

#2 posted 05-08-2010 07:30 AM

Stots has also made their how-to videos available for free on YouTube.

-- Mark & Elaine, Iowa, http://3DWoodworkingStore.com