Dust Deputy for Router Table

Review by dhg posted 1665 days ago 3365 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Dust Deputy for Router Table Dust Deputy for Router Table No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Routing my test piece for raised panel doors with the Dust Deputy connected to the router cabinet and fence, I was sold on this dust collector. I’d give it more stars if I could. I had gone to Onieda’s website for more information and saw how the dust swirled around, when I saw it on mine I just started laughing thinking this thing is going to work. After routing 9 raised panels and emptying the canister once, total of about 6-7 gallons of sawdustl, it was time to look into the shop vac to see how much dust had gotten in there. There wasn’t enough to fill a teaspoon and the filter look very clean also.

Earlier in the week I routed the styles and rails for the cabinet doors and the filter on the shop vac was just caked with sawdust. I couldn’t see the pleats in the filter. That was it, I have to get one of the DD’s.

I had read some of the other reviews of the DD and was aware of the tipping problem of the unit, but I new that this was going to be dedicated to the router table so that wasn’t a concern. I had looked at getting just the cyclone, but after figuring out what I’d need to get it up and running along with time getting the stuff, spending the extra $30 was worth it. Everything hooked up with no problems. I am totally sold on the DD.

My router table is now complete (I think).

Rich

-- Talent on Loan from God - Rush Limbaugh ----------www.genesiswoodworks.com----------

View dhg's profile

dhg

112018 posts in 2212 days

Good idea and good review.

View Canadian Woodworks's profile

Canadian Woodworks

Agree I use the same DD I have it hooked to my ridgid shop vac, then run to my RAS, hollow chisel mortise, miter saw I have a blast gate at each works great!

I’ve emptied the DD pail about 15 times, I haven’t had to clean out my shop vac and it still has the same suction just like it did a few months ago.

-- Paul Lemiski, Ontario Canada, Custom Wooden Rocking chairs and tables http://www.canadianwoodworks.com

View lou's profile

lou

340 posts in 2077 days

i wish all my other tools worked as well as the dd does.

View Hamilton's profile

Hamilton

This looks like the thing i need!
Where in the world would i be able to get it, bear in mind we are in deep dark africa!

-- Woodsman

View gmerteng's profile

gmerteng

One of the best pieces of equipment i bought in quite awhile. It does exactly what they say it is going to do. And the job i use to hate the most cleaning my filter in my shop vac is almost eliminated.

-- Mert,Oshkosh WI,

View PineInTheAsh's profile

PineInTheAsh

401 posts in 1902 days

“spending the extra $30 was worth it…” on top of what

MSRP and what did it cost you?

—Peter

View dhg's profile

dhg

Sorry Peter,I didn’t put the numbers in my write up, the cyclone alone costs about $70, the whole kit was $100. It includes the cyclone, buckets, hose and hardware to attach the cyclone to the buckets and attach one of the buckets to your vac if you so chose. I figured by the time I bought everything else to make it work would cost more and be a hassel to get everything to work.

View BigG's profile

BigG

Agree with Rich, this works like it says it does. Will gobble up all the shavings my DW735 planer can throw at it and that’s a bunch!

-- Big G

View atceric's profile

atceric

Just got my DD, and I don’t know why I waited so long to get one. Amazing what a difference this makes. I’ve seen no loss of suction and no debris collected in my shop vac. So far, I’m very pleased.