Bostitch CPACK270 / CAP1516

Review by TheDane posted 02-05-2010 01:34 AM 2439 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Bostitch CPACK270 / CAP1516 No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought the Bostitch CPACK270 ‘kit’ in June of 2007, and have found it to a great addition to my shop. It gets used a lot.

The ‘kit’ included:
—CAP1516 1.5HP (Peak) oil-free contractor compressor
—SB-1664FN 16-gauge, 2-1/2in. finish nailer
—SB-2IN1 combination brad nailer/finish stapler
—3/8in. x 25ft. heavy duty airline with MPT fittings
—Tire inflator chuck
—Thread sealant tape

The CAP1516 is a light-weight compressor (19-1/2 lb.) and quiet … about the same noise level that we get from my wife’s vacuum cleaner.

If you need to put a new roof on the house or frame in a new room addition, this compressor is not the right tool. But if you need to finish a trim job, staple some upholstery, or use ’a few brads and some glue’ ala Norm Abram, this is definitely a tool you should look at.

This compressor would not be appropriate for pneumatic tools like sanders, but it is terrific for finishing nails, brads, staples, etc.

In the two-and-a-half years I have had it, I have not had a single problem or complaint. It is exactly what I thought and hoped it would be.

View TheDane's profile

TheDane

View GMman's profile

GMman

#1 posted 02-05-2010 01:39 AM

Very nice…... made it before Jim’s post.

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

#2 posted 02-05-2010 03:48 AM

Thanks for the review, I have that same compressor.

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker

View Andrew's profile

Andrew

709 posts in 1952 days

#3 posted 02-05-2010 01:10 PM

Thanks, great info,

-- Even a broken clock is right twice a day, unless, it moves at half speed like ....-As the Saw Turns

#4 posted 02-05-2010 05:05 PM

Interesting review thanks

View Dennis Fletcher's profile

Dennis Fletcher

#5 posted 02-06-2010 03:39 PM

Hmmm, I have been thinking of getting a small finish compressor, as my larger Bostitch is just way to heavy to drag out all the time. This may be my next big purchase, well, we’ll see.

-- http://www.ahomespecialist.net, Making design and application one. †