|Review by Padre||posted 02-04-2010 12:41 AM||14496 views||0 times favorited||14 comments|
Finally ordered this and it came today. Here are my observations after putting it together.
1. The package came and was adequately packaged. The outside of the box was damaged, but all the interior items were fine.
2. All the parts were present and accounted for.
3. The directions stink. It gives you some pictures, but mostly you use a trial and error method of putting this together. It took me about 3 hours to put this together, a project that now that I know what to do should have taken no more than an hour.
4. Note of interest: the side ‘boom’ attaches to the saw with a backplate. If your saw does not have a lip on the side made out of wood you will need to manufacture one, as I did. I have a Sawstop extension table that is 3/4” with no drop on the side. This tool assumes you have a drop on the side of your saw to drill through to attach the side plate which holds the main boom in place. In the third picture you can just make out the piece of plywood I had to screw onto my extension table to attach the boom. (it is about 1/2 way down on the black boom)
5. Turned on the cyclone and it works as advertised. My one complaint so far is that it is a very stiff system, but hopefully after repeated use it will get better.
And please excuse the pictures, they were taken with my cell phone.
It is a well made item, the paint is good and has no blemishes. All the parts fit together and there was no need to resize or make-do. I gave it 4 stars because of the directions and the boom attachment.
-- Chip -----------http://www.penmanchip.com-----------------Micah 6:8