Not Happy butt mad.

Review by Greg2525 posted 1631 days ago 5101 views 0 times favorited 25 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Not Happy butt mad. Not Happy butt mad. Not Happy butt mad. Click the pictures to enlarge them

Not Happy butt mad. Today Feb 2nd 2010, WEN 10-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw. I spoke to the manufacturers and I asked them to send me a manual I gave them my e-mail address around 12pm, and I have a one year warranty. 6 hours later no response from them.
I have had parts keep breaking of mine and I bought it in 12/09/09 The thumb release lever has broke twice on the machine because it is made out of plastic and that part should of been made out of steel. Also what has just broke is the center cover plate to hold and protect the blade, and that should of been made out of steel too.
I just feel like getting my money back because I had enough of it.
Whats going to be next.

View Greg2525's profile

Greg2525

View Bob #2's profile

Bob #2

What is BUTT Mad??

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner

111999 posts in 2173 days

Sorry to be blunt Greg but Wen ranks way up there with HF it’s not even a mid range saw.

View Enthalpy's profile

Enthalpy

Greg, take the thing back..ask for a full refund. It’s all made in China for 60 cents an hour. A1Jim, Wen may have been a good name, but so did Studebaker.

View funchuck's profile

funchuck

The guard does not protect the blade, it protects YOU! So, you should make sure to get it fixed before using it.

-- Charles from California

View Julian's profile

Julian

I’m a professional trim carpenter and I have never heard of that brand of miter box. Now I know why, because it sounds like a piece of crap.

-- Julian, Park Forest, IL

Never heard of WEN, but comparing this to HF is not fair at all. HF at least has decent customer service…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View araldite's profile

araldite

187 posts in 2000 days

Hey, we’ve all been suckered at one time or another, falling for what sounds like a good deal, what can go wrong, and then…guess what, everything can go wrong. Try to return it. Google for miter saw reviews and get a feel for what others think. Buy the best you can afford based on doing some research. Wen has never been anywhere near top line in all my years of buying tools. Good luck.

View Enthalpy's profile

Enthalpy

As I think back..Wen makes soldering guns. And not very good ones at that.

View jim C's profile

jim C

It’s not “if”, it’s “Wen” it “bwakes”.

Elmer Fudd

View DannyBoy's profile

DannyBoy

Nice, Jim.

I’ve seen a few of the WEN products around, but I haven’t ventured into owning one. Glad to hear my caution is well based.

I’m agreeing the rest of the folks here: take it back to the store and get a refund. If they give you any crap, tell them the guard fell off and the saw nearly chopped off your hand when it did. They don’t want an injury lawsuit because they failed to provide a measly refund.

~DB

-- He said wood...http://hickbyassociation.blogspot.com/

View poopiekat's profile (online now)

poopiekat

Decades ago, “Wen” branded tools were marketed as giftables, often seen in catalogs as promotional items you could win, door prizes, or awards. Situations where the recipient could really care less what object he received.
Wen made electric shoe polishers, hair dryers, electric shavers, drills, all gizmos of questionable value, but one notable exception was the Wen sharpener, a cylindrical stone, maybe 2” diameter by 3” wide, with a little water trough. I had mine for years, until it too died. All it had to do was rotate, and eventually it found that task too difficult.
I’m curious as to what kind of store would be selling Wen stuff these days!

View JAGWAH's profile

JAGWAH

Unfortunately for everybodies budget there is a tool out there for them.
Marketiers depend on other producer’s quality tools that produce quality results to inspire the beginner with false expectations when buying their low price point, inferior, poorly made crap.

Greg has a right to expect the tool he bought to stand up to normal use. Unfortunately many tool makers lie and mislead. We all all bear some responcibility when purchasing the cheapest tool.

Rule of thumb my Dad taught me was identify the best quality tool for your needs then look for the lowest price for that tool. Quality first, price second.

Just a side note. There’s a review for this saw here. Regardless of the review what caught my eye was this saw sells for $79. Geeze, how do they pack these thing and ship from china and make a profit? The maker’s wholesale price must be around $20 for everyone after them to make money. Hell my saw blades for my mitre saw cost me over $50!

Sorry Greg this is not a rant at you.

-- ~Just A Guy With A Hammer~

View JimNEB's profile

JimNEB

Think twice, buy once…

-- Jim, Nebraska

View JAGWAH's profile

JAGWAH

Once when I thought twice I think I thought wrong.

-- ~Just A Guy With A Hammer~

View jim C's profile

jim C

Jagwah,

Couldn’t have been better said.

Thanks