THIS STUFF IS GREAT TO THE LAST DROP

Review by roadrunner0925 posted 1646 days ago 2094 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
THIS STUFF IS GREAT TO THE LAST DROP No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

If you have ever had rust on something where it shouldnt be… this is the stuff for you! Directions are as simple as submersing your rusted piece in the solution from 30 minutes to as long as you can stand to wait. Evapo-rust has no detectable odor out of the bottle and is a pale yellow color. After i submersed my piece(antique c-clamp) for a few hrs, noticeable progress had been made. I wasnt quite satisfied after the piece hd been submersed after a few hrs, as it was in bad shape, so I left it over night. I then forgot about it, as i was in a rush to go out of town and left it in for 2 WEEKS. When I returned home, I found a tupperware dish full of the darkest liquid I guess I have ever seen. After scrubbing the residue off the clamp, good as new is all that can be said. This stuff is UNBELIEVABLE!
I dont know how to put pics on here yet, but im learning. I paid afew pennies under 9.00 for a pint(25.00 or so for a gallon) and it is reusable to an extent. Beware of flash rust… its going to happen! After cleaning the light residue off, be perpared to either dip the piece into a clean solution of evaporust,(which retards rust for 2 wks), or oil your piece, or use paste wax, but be ready to treat rhe raw metal with something. Thanks for reading, hope I helped!

-- wm, brandon,ms

View roadrunner0925's profile

roadrunner0925

View sikrap's profile

sikrap

990 posts in 1964 days

Yeah, this stuff is great. If there’s a Harbor Freight near you, you can get it for about $16 a gallon with the 20% off coupon.

-- Dave, Colonie, NY

112002 posts in 2182 days

Thanks for the review good stuff

View Joe Kimmell's profile

Joe Kimmell

Agreed…great stuff! However, it can get kinda pricey if you’re doing large pieces. I used three gallons to soak the entire base of a 1917 JD Wallace jointer….The good news is, the used product can be filtered and re-used …..Joe

-- Beer and Bandsaws just don't mix. Take my word for it!

View Joe Watson's profile

Joe Watson

i used this recently on hand tools man its great stuff.

-- Got Wood?

View patron's profile

patron

12977 posts in 1946 days

recently , i had a 6” joiner to de-rust ,
way to big to submerse whole ,
and all i could find at the auto stores was 1 gallon , and 1 quart .
i got a ’ big’ plastic storage bin , and after dis-assembling everything ,
i put it in the bin with the evaporust , and filled it with water ,
( it was allready rusted , so how worse could it get ? ) .
i left it for 3 weeks , and to my surprise , it worked !
hose it off and some wire brush here and there ,
and dry it off , some lube , and it was good to go .
didn’t touch the paint or the non metal parts ,
not brand new , but it works great !