Milescraft push stick kit

Review by kosta posted 1641 days ago 2393 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Milescraft push stick kit No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Yo whats up everybody I wanted to do a review on the milescraft push stick kit. In episode 22 I built a push stick and that worked pretty good but I always had a hard time getting the wood to go straight against the fence. I got this push stick kit from milescraft .You get a depth gauge and a base with the push stick. The way it is designed you have a lot downward pressure which helps to control the wood much better then the one I used to use.

View PineInTheAsh's profile

PineInTheAsh

Hi Kosta,

Good job on bringing attention to a nicely designed pushstick. Very reasonably priced, I like the handle which puts your hand high up and out of harms way. I’d call this a high value tool.

BTW, just picked up a copy of the March 2010 WOOD magazine and guess who’s on page 3 ?

Congrats, my friend. Pretty soon we’ll be asking for your autograph. Good job.

All The Best,
Peter

946 posts in 1953 days

Yea lol I was really surprised when they asked me if they could put my photo in wood magazine.

View furnitologist's profile

furnitologist

Yo Kosta…............to follow-up with “PineInTheAsh”....very cleaver handle by the way…...nice work in WOOD Mag. I post in the WOOD Mag blog with a scan of your mug!!!!

Keep pushing Kosta!!!

View spclPatrolGroup's profile

spclPatrolGroup

I got this push stick as a gift, the depth gauge is of poor quality, the ruler wiggles up and down in the base, i threw mine out. The push stick is of nice design, i like how the handle is offset to one side, however the rubber on the bottom to help hold the wood started to come unglued shortly after I started to use it, I was able to glue it back on wtih double stick tape, I would say the design is good, the execution needs a lot to be desired.

-- Dave, Fargo ND "Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!!"

946 posts in 1953 days

Yea I dont use the depth gauge very often but I use the push stick a lot. The off set handle really helps to control the work piece.