Review by Jim K posted 01-25-2010 07:11 AM 2130 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
UNIBITS No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hi fellow LJ’S

I know this site is about woodworking. Once in awhile even a woodworker needs to drill a hole in metal. In my case I’m building a mobile base for my table saw. I did not want to use my wood bits so I found this set on e-bay for around 40 bucks free shipping too. They are handy to have on hand when you need a straight round hole in thin metal (table saw stand). The nice case was a bonus and is durable too.

Thanks Jim K.

I have other Irwin products in use and review later

View Jim K's profile

Jim K

#1 posted 01-25-2010 07:21 AM

Thanks for the review

-- Custom furniture

#2 posted 01-25-2010 02:08 PM

Thanks, Jim. This was a nice review.

View UnionLabel's profile

#3 posted 01-25-2010 07:18 PM

Nice Review. I have used Unibits for electrical and automotive applications as well. Nice clean holes, easy to debur and they come alot bigger also.

-- Methods are many,Principles are few.Methods change often,Principles never do.

View HokieMojo's profile

#4 posted 01-25-2010 08:20 PM

i have their spade bits (speed bore I think?). they work very well. I’ve been thrilled with the performance. They must be in the same line because they even have a similar case.