WIXEY DIGITAL SAW READOUT

Review by Tony posted 2409 days ago 2820 views 1 time favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
WIXEY DIGITAL SAW READOUT No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I originally undertook a review of this item http://lumberjocks.com/jocks/Tikka/blog/1195 in 2007. here are some of the comments I made then.

WIXEY DIGITAL SAW READOUT The first thing I noted was the excellent packaging inside the carton. Things were held in place to stop them moving about during shipment. (Other suppliers of equipment take note) You should read the blog if you want all the associated pictures.

In summary – with my failing eyesight a great asset for accurate measurements. I know that, even when I change the blade on my saw, from 2.3mm kerf up to 20mm kerf, I will always have an accurate reading to the left or right of the blade. Good value for your bucks.

So it has been 9 months since that blog – The only minor down side is that some times when you move the gauge to far–right turn off the power and then move it back to the left with out it being powered up – it can loose its calibration. To recalibrate takes less than 10 seconds.

The Wixey Digital saw readout has been worth every penny spent. It has saved me countless hours and mistakes, especially as I work with both mm and Inches on the same projects sometimes.

-- Tony - All things are possible, just some things are more difficult than others! - SKYPE: Heron2005 (http://www.poydatjatuolit.fi)

View Tony's profile

Tony

View MsDebbieP's profile

MsDebbieP

I’m really liking this Review Feature.

-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)

View Bob #2's profile

Bob #2

That’s good enough for me Tony.
I’m going to invest in one here too.
You hit me in two of my weaks pots:
1. Failing eyesight
2. Metric conversion. (I hate doing it and it complicates things.)

A question if I may;
Can you recalibrate it for using a short fence or sacrificial fence if the need arises and how difficult is it to zero it to a new spot?

Bob

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner

View Ryan Shervill's profile

Ryan Shervill

You know….I did a review of that readout for Canadian Home Workshop magazine a while back, and I found about the same that you did. Since then I have switched back to my unifence, and never bothered to reinstall it on the new fence.
On that note, I still have the one I reviewed…and I’m not using it….Any Canucks want to take a drive up to Penetang? You can bring it home with you if you’ll give it a good home :)

-- Want to see me completely transform a house? Look here: http://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/showthread.php?41055

View Tony's profile

Tony

Bob

No problems on both counts. It takes about 10 seconds to reclibrate, the same as if you have just changed the blade or Dado thickness.

View Hutch's profile

Hutch

I am really enjoying my digital saw readout as well. Nice to be able to put on different faces to my fence and recalibrate to the thickness of the face, tall fences or extra long fences, whether 1/2 or 3/4”, just move it to the blade and hit recalibrate. Now if I could just get my skills to the level of appreciating the thousandths of an inch.

-- Hutch ...Montana ___ Life is a mystery to live, not a problem to solve! ___

View motthunter's profile

motthunter

I love mine.. super easy to use and calibrate. One of my favorite new additions to my shop

-- making sawdust....