Earlex Customer Service: Supports their products AND their customers!

Review by Dustin posted 01-11-2019 06:11 PM 953 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Earlex Customer Service: Supports their products AND their customers! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve had the Earlex HV5500 for about 10 months, and absolutely love it. The plethora of good reviews and Earlex’s presence here gave me all the reassurance needed that I was making a good purchase.

That being said, I made a boo-boo. My shop is frequently in disarray, and my discipline regarding maintenance and clean up is rather lacking, if I’m being honest. So after using my sprayer the last time about 5-6 weeks ago, I absolutely neglected to dump the remainder of the water-based lacquer I was using back in the can, and left it in the cup instead. When I went to fire it up over the weekend, I ended up dripping all over, as the finish had eaten not only through the Teflon coating but bubbled up and corroded the bottom of the cup.

Now, before I get chastised, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is entirely my fault. Lesson learned, replacement cups are about $25. But before I went about ordering a replacement, I thought that at least it couldn’t hurt to e-mail the company and explain what I did. They have such a great reputation for service, I figured at worst I was in for a polite “sorry, but we can’t cover a lack of maintenance.”

Anyways, when I contacted them, I pretty much explained the situation exactly like I had above. Within 2 hours, I had a response from a tech asking a few clarifying questions and requesting pictures of the can, assuring me I’d be given a replacement! I happily snapped a couple of photos and sent those along with my responses.

By the end of the day Tuesday, Sam at Earlex had responded, thanking me for giving him a concrete timeline that he could definitively state was not safe to leave a finish in the can! (I got quite a chuckle out of that). And not only was he going to send me a replacement Teflon lined cup for water based finishes, but they were going to send an all metal cup for solvent-based as well! It’s now Friday, early afternoon, and barely 72 hours after sending my first e-mail, my cups have been delivered.

I’m absolutely over the moon with this response. I think the best most of us would dare to hope for these days is a company that stands behind their product, but thanks to people like Sam, it’s apparent that Earlex stands behind both their products and their customers!

-- "Ladies, if your husband says he'll get to it, he'll get to it. No need to remind him about it every 6 months."

View Dustin's profile

Dustin

View ScottKaye's profile

ScottKaye

#1 posted 01-12-2019 03:38 AM

Great to know! I just joined the Earlex family this week. I got in on the Home Depot deal of the day which was the Earlex 5500 for $225. Amazing deal. Can’t wait for it to warm up a bit so I can start using it!

-- "Nothing happens until you build it"

View kkaucher's profile

kkaucher

#2 posted 01-17-2019 07:17 PM

And that, friends, is why we should not only do our homework before making a significant purchase but also should recognize manufacturers and vendors who excel in build quality and customer service. From your description, I’d estimate Earlex invested at least $100 in resolving your self-induced situation – probably $50 in hardware and another $50 in shipping costs, fixed costs, and Sam’s time & benefits.

What did Earlex get for their investment? You’ll buy Earlex exclusively and preferentially for the rest of your life. You’ll tell anyone interested about how they not only replace the damaged Teflon cup but provided you with an all-metal cup too. You’ll say they went out of their way to take care of a customer and that, sir, is something money cannot buy.

Good for you, and good for Earlex. Everybody wins!

-- A bad day woodworking is better than a good day working. ~Author unknown