Neutrik Powercon True 1 connectors

Review by Samgar posted 01-06-2019 09:23 PM 748 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Neutrik Powercon True 1 connectors Neutrik Powercon True 1 connectors Neutrik Powercon True 1 connectors Click the pictures to enlarge them

I work in the Entertainment industry on the technical side of things, meaning backstage. So I’ve been using Neutrik stuff for a very long time. I have used their Powercon stuff in the past but I was never able to find in line male and female connectors, it was always one was panel mount and the other was on the end of a cable. Well, they came out with this product I don’t know when and it is what I was looking for.

I bought a Delta 900 RAS and wanted the ability to remove the carriage and not be tethered to the machine. In looking for small twist lock connectors all I could find were larger and 20ish bucks a piece. These, as you can see in the picture are slim. On top of size they are inexpensive as well. These go for about $10 bucks a piece. But where’s the catch? No catch. They must be light duty you say then. Nope, 20 amps 220volts. That’s right, in the US they are 20 amps 220 volts. In the EU they are 16 amps 220 volts.

They are screw terminal rubber sealed all around and they have a positive lock when they connect. You need to pull back on a thumb release in order to turn disconnect them. An added safety feature is a release tab that won’t allow you to take the connector apart without pressing it in. This just means you really have to want to tinker around inside the connector.

Perhaps I am biased to Neutrik. They make great stuff from audio connectors to power connectors and more.

Here is the product page for Neutrik.

Thanks,

View Green_Hornut's profile

Green_Hornut

#1 posted 01-06-2019 11:44 PM

I’m sorry that this is un-related to your product post. Why in the world would you want to disconnect the carriage from the rest of the saw?

-- Mother Nature always bats last.

#2 posted 01-07-2019 01:28 AM

Let’s say that you need to work on the arm or the table with out the saw in the way. Or perhaps working on the carriage without being tethered is really handy.

View christherookie's profile

christherookie

#3 posted 01-07-2019 02:54 PM

I was briefly confused when I saw your post as I work in live audio production and am familiar with Neutrik. I love that you used their plugs to solve your problem. (And isn’t much of live production work about creative solutions?)

#4 posted 01-07-2019 03:05 PM

(And isn t much of live production work about creative solutions?)

- christherookie

Indeed it is.

View RobHannon's profile

RobHannon

#5 posted 01-09-2019 03:30 PM

Let s say that you need to work on the arm or the table with out the saw in the way. Or perhaps working on the carriage without being tethered is really handy.

- Samgar

Glad I read this. I had a horrific picture in my head of someone trying to used the head of a RAS as a circ-saw.

View newparade's profile