An awesome saw

Review by funchuck posted 1649 days ago 1787 views 1 time favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
An awesome saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I don’t like to give 5 stars, but I think this really deserves it. I bought this saw a little over 3 years ago. This is the first “good” tool I bought. It is responsible for starting my spiral into buying higher end tools.

Before this tool, I bought mostly B&D and $100 stationary/bench tools. This cordless saw is so handy. I use it all the time. It cuts very straight and the case includes a place to store your extra blades. I’ve used it to cut sheet goods as well as 2×4s, 4×4s, 4×6s and 4×8s. For lumber thicker than 4×4, I did have to run the saw on one side, then the other to cut it all the way through.

So far, I’ve only used the stock blade and it is just starting to dull now. I have ordered a freud blade as replacement.

I LOVE this saw!

-- Charles from California

View funchuck's profile

funchuck

View hootr's profile

hootr

183 posts in 1948 days

welcome Charles
i’ve been looking at cordless saws and now i’ve found one
thanks

-- Ron, Missouri

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

I have this saw also and I like it very much. In my work I am more inclined to use my table saw, band saw or miter saw but every once in a while my only option is a hand held circular saw. This one is surprisingly powerful and quite easy to handle. My only complaint is that the trigger release seems a little awkward to me.

View Raspar's profile

Raspar

View Philimbesi's profile

Philimbesi

18 posts in 1930 days

I agree. This is my go to cordless saw.

-- PAI

View jerryz's profile

jerryz

I also own this saw and totally agree with its 5 star ratings, it is well built, cuts very well anything you throw at it (within reason) I have used it extensively, during hurricane season a few years back helped a buddy of mine to prepare for a hurricane that was barreling down on us to board up all the windows and sliding doors.
fantastic performance and good battery life.
I would recommend it to any one looking for a cordless saw.

The HD has a very good deal on dewalt combo tools, the price on this one is umbeatable

$299 is a steal in my humble opinion

View funchuck's profile

funchuck

Those are great prices. I don’t remember exactly how much mine was, but I think it was around $220 for just the saw. At the time, there was a mail in rebate for an extra battery, so I got 2 batteries. I think it was totally worth the price even for what I paid.

-- Charles from California

View ROY53's profile

ROY53

I have the DW936 5 3/8 18volt trim saw. I’ve absolutely abused it, and used it for much heavier applications than it was designed for and it just works great. It’s really light and handy to use in hard to get to places and if you’re standing on top of a step ladder cutting something over your head it’s very manageable because of it’s size and weight. I find the trigger lock a little unhandy on this one as well.

-- Roy L, Arizona

View John Stegall's profile

John Stegall

If you happen to have a portable table saw, read this guy’s reasons for using these blades when you do not need to cut something real thick:

John

-- jstegall

View John Stegall's profile

John Stegall

BTW, thanks for the review.

-- jstegall

View woodworm's profile

woodworm

Everything is so nice, except need to recharge the battery pack quite frequent. I think it consumes more power compared to dril driver combi.

-- masrol, kuala lumpur, MY.