Infiniter Laser guide

Review by cliffton posted 1553 days ago 1804 views 1 time favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Infiniter Laser guide Infiniter Laser guide Infiniter Laser guide Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is an aftermarket laser guide that replaces the outer washer on your arbor. The packaging says that it will fit an arbor that is 7/16×5/8. the package says that it will not fit these 12” miter saws, Ridgid, pro-tech, makita ls1221, dewalt dw705s produced before 2005. It will not fit these circle saws: Porter cable quick-change , all worm drives and skil.

I just put this on my GMC 10 inch sliding compound miter and i have to say it works pretty good. the laser is turned on by centrifugal force when the saw is started. the third pic is where the laser hits in relation to the cut. it is literally flush with the left side of the cut. It seems to be well made and has 3 hearing aid batteries in it. the line is plenty bright in my garage but in full daylight it would probly be a little hard to see. I did a few test cuts and it seemed to work very well. lets hope it lasts a long time.

View cliffton's profile

cliffton

View papadan's profile

papadan

I put one on my 8 1/2” Delta about 6 years ago and it still works great.

-- Carpenter assembles with hands, Designer builds with brains, Artist creates with heart!

View JasonWagner's profile

JasonWagner

Thanks and good review. My $0.02 since I had an Irwin one of these: I found that having to turn the saw on to get the laser was a pain. I am better eyeing it up with the blade on the material. I’d love to have a laser that shows the whole kerf like some saws have now. Just something for someone interested to think about. If I were rough framing or decking more maybe it would be more helpful.

-- some day I hope to have enough clamps to need a clamp cart!

View lew's profile

lew

Just another comment-

My unit started to get intermittent. Cleaned the centrifugal switch but it didn’t help. Discovered the contacts under the batteries were slightly corroded. Fixed it!

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View cliffton's profile

cliffton

thanks for the heads up on that, if it ever starts to do that i’ll keep that in mind.

View Russ Anderson's profile

Russ Anderson

I’m with JasonWagner on this one. When I’m using my miter saw it’s usually not for a rough cut, but for an extremely accurate cut. To achieve an accurate cut we sometimes have to move the board slightly left or right. I don’t like to make these slight adjustments while the blade is spinning.

I love the idea of having two lasers to show the whole kerf. When cutting crown molding the cut switches between the right and left side of the blade. One laser is good, but 2 are so much better!

Wish I could afford that sweet Festool Kapex saw!!!

-- Russ