Grizzly 6"x80" Edge Sander, It's worth every cent

Review by WoodenDreams posted 09-11-2018 08:05 AM 1738 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly 6"x80" Edge Sander, It's worth every cent Grizzly 6"x80" Edge Sander, It's worth every cent No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This Edge Sander is a bench top model. I choice this instead of Floor Model so it would have wood storage under it, with my limited space. This sander is mounted on a 24” high bench. To help with dust collection I taped some construction paper to the inlet area. This extended the dust collection area. If I need more of the belt available I untape it and retape It back up. I keep in stock extra belts (2 each of 80, 120, 180 & 220 grit). The belts only takes less than a minute to change. The belts only cost $11.95 each from a local tool supplier. The table goes up & down 6”, and tilts. I can use this sander to also joint boards to glue up. This sander has saved me a lot of time in sanding & jointing. I normally keep the miter block attached to the table, but I removed it to sand some longer pieces .Well worth the investment.

View WoodenDreams's profile

WoodenDreams

View michelletwo's profile

michelletwo

#1 posted 09-11-2018 11:37 AM

I have this sander also..few bells and whistles, but a solid performer.

View GR8HUNTER's profile (online now)

GR8HUNTER

#2 posted 09-11-2018 03:59 PM

nice sander looks like you ceiling height is limited at the ladder also LOL :<))

-- Tony---- Reinholds,Pa.------ REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN

View kajunkraft's profile

kajunkraft

#3 posted 09-11-2018 05:47 PM

I have used this machine for about 10 years now. Not one problem and does great work. Guess I’ve become used to it, but I have to warn my friends when they use it. Need to be paying attention or it will pull the work right out of your hands!

View WoodenDreams's profile

WoodenDreams

#4 posted 09-11-2018 10:24 PM

I put in a drop ceiling (heigth is limited). I bought this in April 2017. The sand paper can grab your work and send it in the direction of sand paper rotation. It’s best to use the Miter Block when possible. I only take the miter block off when I need the extra belt length. Advise is to keep the miter block attached to the table surface. If you take 3/4”w x 2 1/2”h x 9”long hardwood board and attach it to the Miter Block, set it with a 1/8” clearance from the belt and you eliminate this issue. Plus you can square it up with your square to give your small boxes or boards a perfect 90 degree surface.

View robscastle's profile

robscastle

#5 posted 09-13-2018 11:16 PM

That monster is classed as a bench top model?
Looks like just the shot for the job (no pun intended)

You guys get all the good tools over there.
No chance of Grizzly Shop Fox or W & H here sadly.

BTW with that nice ladder there there must be something interesting in the ceiling!

-- Regards Rob